Argentia & Mississauga Rd. (Corporate/Home Office)
Walmart Canada operates a growing chain of more than 410 stores nationwide serving more than 1.2 million customers each day. Walmart Canada’s flagship online store, www.walmart.ca, is visited by 750,000 customers daily. With more than 85,000 associates, Walmart Canada is one of Canada’s largest employers and is ranked one of the country’s top 10 most influential brands. Walmart Canada’s extensive philanthropy program is focused on supporting Canadian families in need, and since 1994 Walmart has donated and raised more than $300 million to Canadian charities. Additional information can be found at www.walmartcanada.ca, www.facebook.com/walmartcanada and at twitter.com/@walmartcanada
Reporting to the Merchandise Planning Manager, the Merchandise Planning Analyst is responsible for achieving sales and profit objectives for multiple merchandise categories by providing support to the Merchandise Planning Manager and working in conjunction with category management teams. This responsibility includes conducting relevant business analysis, item level sales performance monitoring, Category forecasting by week/month, merchandise financial plan development, so that the Apparel merchandise is in the right place at the right time to meet the needs of the Walmart customer.
- Demonstrates the expected knowledge and proactive support in the progressive development and execution of product assortment and Merchandise financial planning including, analyzing category performance to identify business drivers and mitigate risks and with the Planners gaining commitment to follow through on proposed action plans.
- Supports financial plans for categories as assigned by Merchandise Planning Manager by building partnerships with cross-functional specialists (for example, Merchandising, Replenishment); preparing, revising, and monitoring subcategory budgets (for example, sales, markdowns, receipts), seasonal buy plans, and line review financials; working with Merchandise Planning Manager to determine item and store feature quantities; conducting analyses to identify business drivers and levers; and working with Merchandise Planning Manager to develop and present financial recommendations to merchants. Support Merchandise Planning Manager with developing the assortment plan, preparing and analyzing item performance and line review financials to enable bottom up assortment build, forecasting markdown requirements and product attribute trends.
- Supports the Merchandise Planning Manager profit and loss (P&L) and financial forecasting by calculating and adjusting annual, monthly, weekly, projections against actual results; conducting financial analyses (for example, ad hoc, risk) and reports (for example, two-year historical sales trends, seasonality charts) to understand and explain business trends and performance; preparing and analyzing new item and line review financials (for example, forecasted category assortment, modular financial performance); providing insight on how key inputs are used in inventory and margin forecasts, decision-making, and month-end recaps; and submitting financial reports and analysis results to Merchandise Planning Managers for approval.
- Responsible for completing a post-mortem financial analysis, at line level for assigned category of responsibility and seasonal events for review by the Merchandise Planning Manager. Conduct detailed size analyses, report opportunities and make recommendations for sizing future commitment.
- Partnering with Replenishment to ensure inventory forecasts are accurate at sub category and category level and items highlighted for MD and promotions, new items arrive at DC and in store as planned, ensure new item and PO creation matches set criteria for case pack and break pack strategy.
- Attend Weekly cross functional meetings to provide input on item performance and propose appropriate actions with Replenishment and Category managers for the week/month ahead
- Responsible for the completion of ADS inputs from the Assortment plan, markdown processing activities, modular activities - proofing item numbers and modular location, assisting on walkthrough proofing final copy and processing traits.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
Canada Walmart Division
- Minimum Education Required : College Certificate or Diploma
- Minimum Years of Experience Required: 3 – 5 years.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.