Position Summary...The Manager, Strategy will support Walmart Canada’s enterprise Strategy and Executive teams in setting the strategic agenda for profitable growth for Walmart Canada. This includes consulting with the business leaders across the organization to diagnose core issues and identify opportunities; scope and assess options to recommend solutions; and design implementation plans to enhance business performance (i.e., optimize competitive positioning, revenue growth and profitability). The role will also facilitate the corporate annual strategic planning process which is critical to the success of the company’s long term direction. The successful candidate will work alongside the executive committee to develop the company’s three year plan. This is a high visibility role with significant independent responsibilities and excellent prospects for career growth.
What you'll do...
1. Partner with business leads to drive strategic projects to deliver on enterprise goals; utilize a hypothesis-driven approach to identify structure analyses and recommended solutions.
2. Construct comprehensive business cases, financial models utilizing all relevant data sources and various modelling methods to support strategic projects
3. Utilize market research and analytics based insights to inform opportunities and risks for the organization, through internal and external sources; including economic outlook, competitor activity, marketplace environment and trends impacting Walmart Canada and its stakeholders
4. Manage the annual strategic planning process and support the development of best-in-class corporate processes and capabilities; support in developing and managing the 3 year planning for Walmart Canada
5. Work independently with senior executives to drive and support both corporate-led and business-unit led initiatives
6. Create presentations and reports for executive management, and external audiences to enhance strategic decision making and support recommendations
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree required in a quantitative discipline (Statistics, Operational Research, Economics, Finance, Business, Engineering or related fields)
- 3-5 years; Consulting, Investment Banking asset
- Independent self-starter with a can-do attitude, ability to work through others
- Very strong Excel and PPT skills
- Strong quantitative and analytics skills, as well as business acumen and sound judgment
- Ability to articulate simple messages out of complex issues and substantial amount of data
- Thrives in a fast-moving environment, with high tolerance for change and ability to adapt
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Age - 16 or older
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.
Primary Location…1940 ARGENTIA RD, MISSISSAUGA, ON L5N 1P9, Canada