Manager, Regional Routing & Optimization
Position Summary...Provide routing oversite at the regional level through daily routing management of outbound freight.
What you'll do...
1. Store Transportation Routing: Manage Regional Routing and Optimization Specialist team in their daily routing for all multistep shipments from Walmart Canada Distribution Centers to our Walmart stores ensuring efficient, cost effective service and accountable to our store service level agreement. Implement a regional strategy, which delivers consistent routing activities in all commodities, which are completed daily with efficiency and accuracy. This position is accountable to manage 140K loads to store per year, and over 300K store shipments, which has an annual, spend of $165M. Outcomes will directly affect service to stores and OTIF metrics for the region.
2. Routing Quality Review: Conduct detailed review and analysis of previous routing sessions to find opportunities for efficiency gains and cost reduction and accountable for the results. This position needs to influence multiple DC’s to align to their strategy given the significant transportation cost implications. This often comes at a cost to the efficiency within the site but is outweighed by the cost of trans.
3. Resource Management: Manage multiple direct reports creating a collaborative, communicative team environment and drives associate engagement. Plans and outlines daily workload distribution for Associates to execute completion while constantly making trade off decisions balancing service and cost. Constantly managing multiple stakeholders such as Walmart Fleet, external third party carriers, and DC’s to ensure required resource availability are maintained to execute the daily routing plans and meet expectations of the stores.
4. Data Maintenance: Accountable to manage regional settings and store data in ORS/ORD. Analyze and update as required to keep regional network optimized. Oversee QA teams accuracy of item cube in GLS item file maintenance
5. KPI Reporting: Constantly evaluate routing performance through routing KPIs and financial results; Collect and analyze data from external sources (Fourkites, GLS etc.); use findings to improve daily routing efficiency and accuracy along with regional strategy.
6. Cross-functional Influence: Align site Inbound and Ops teams, Site Traffic & Admin teams and Regional Transportation on opportunities around fleet utilization, loading, and routing optimization.
Constantly influencing Dc operational teams to solve and rectify operating issues and improve service. Drive common strategic opportunities to influence the National routing strategy for Walmart Canada.
7. Operational Planning: Accountable to drive site Inbound and Ops teams in developing capacity planning and demand forecasting to maximize load fill and fleet optimization in an effort to extract the maximum return on transportation costs.
8. Strategic Planning: Accountable for Regional Routing and Optimization in reviewing service levels and volume distribution across the week. Provide strategic recommendations for frequency of delivery to the stores by commodity to numerous stakeholders to meet customer expectations and mitigate/ control costs.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Age - 16 or older
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.
Primary Location…1501 INDUSTRIAL PK DR, CORNWALL, ON K6H 7M4, Canada