Position Summary...Privacy Manager is responsible for the management, execution, monitoring, and oversight of key components of the Privacy, Records Management and Data Governance Programs for Walmart Canada. This position reports to Privacy Officer who has overall responsibility for the strategic design, planning, execution, and integration of all elements as well as ensuring consistency of interpretation and application of the Global Privacy, Records and Data Governance, Management and Monitoring Frameworks.
What you'll do...
- Act as a subject matter expert on key projects where data protection and privacy must be considered and/or managed; lead end-to-end privacy risk assessments and vendor audits.
- Carry out monitoring activities to assess the effectiveness of the in-market privacy, records management, data governance and anti-spam programs against the in-market and global business needs and regulatory obligations.
- Identify program compliance gaps, priorities, dependencies, and redundancies; develop and update standards and controls, general and customized training and awareness content; implement process remediations and simplifications.
- Manage data incident investigations, working closely with business partners, investigators and legal to drive the process and ensure timely conclusion of cases, proper notice and regulatory reporting, and reasonable remediation of the identified gaps.
- Develop, monitor, and report on the in-market program KPIs and metrics.
- Collaborate on and share best practices and market insights with global partners to drive continuous improvement and evaluation of the program needs.
- 6-8 years of experience in the privacy space, including conducting privacy impact assessments.
- Legal degree and certification in privacy disciplines such as CIPP/C, CIPM, CIPT, and/or OneTrust Privacy Manager certification or working towards one (highly desirable).
- Member of the Law Society of Ontario.
- Knowledge of and experience with current and emerging data discovery and privacy management tools and methodologies (e.g., OneTrust).
- Experience in developing, implementing and monitoring privacy risk management programs in a large and complex organization.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Age – 16 or older
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.
Primary Location…1940 ARGENTIA RD, MISSISSAUGA, ON L5N 1P9, Canada