Manager, PDC & Logistics Food Safety
Position Summary...The purpose of this job is to ensure Walmart logistics facilities and transportation network meets Walmart’s food safety and pest control standards. This position will drive and enforce food safety performance by developing and implementing protocols and procedures to mitigate food safety risk throughout the Walmart supply chain with a particular focus on our distribution centres and transportation network.
What you'll do...
- Responsible for the design and implementation of effective and appropriate risk-based food safety programs and initiatives to mitigate risk in the supply chain and ensures the integration of the program within the business. This includes, but is not limited to, the development/design/creation, implementation, continuous review, monitoring and updating of the food safety procedures and standards, food defense plans, process/control points, audit programs, training programs and performance reporting within in the supply chain.
- Acts as authority on all distribution and logistics food safety related matters. Provides expertise and guidance on food safety issues to Operations, Quality Control, Quality Assurance, and Maintenance teams in all DC facilities and to Transportation. Ensure that facilities are audited annually for food safety concerns. Provide oversight and direction to the third-party food safety auditors as it relates to activities in the facilities.
- Ensures effective administration and execution of food safety plans and achievement of food safety goals and targets to maintain facility food safety registration/licensing with the regulators (Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA)). Supports various business stakeholders in the execution and implementation of Food Safety programs in facilities and within the supply chain. Develops and implements DC scorecards to measure food safety performance to ensure operational consistency at facilities across the country. Communicate scorecard results to stakeholders. Recognize and escalate, as needed, issues identified as risks to improve performance.
- Communicates with regulators (CFIA and provincial inspectors) on food safety standards in DCs, including CFIA licensed facilities. Corresponds with regulatory inspectors and collaborates with regulatory agencies, compliance monitoring team, and operational partners to ensure operational compliance. Articulates corporate positions on compliance matters to regulators and external agencies and communicates directly with government officials. Communicates and partners with the CFIA on food safety standards in distribution centres and inspections. Reviews and updates the food safety program to address changes in applicable federal and provincial regulations.
- Guides execution of food safety capital projects and priorities in all DCs, within supply chain and ecommerce food warehouse. Partners with logistics and construction on design of facilities to ensure they meet regulatory requirements, food safety and pest control requirements.
- Partners with Walmart Canada logistics and transportation to ensure food safety requirements are integrated into the selection process for third parties. Provide food safety requirements, assess program adherence by third party and provide reports to business stakeholders.
- Develops external relationships and alliances, strengthening the company’s reputation within the compliance community and leads regulatory outreach meetings, ensuring that the company’s compliance programs, policies, procedures and reports are communicated in a persuasive, accurate and understandable way and that sensitive data is protected.
- Ensure that WM Canadas system stays current on food safety laws and regulatory requirements for our products globally by leveraging global talent and resources and external organizations; advocate company’s position by engaging with credible external organizations in the areas of food safety standards and policies.
- 6-8 years of experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Advanced Food Safety Certifications.
- HACCP certified auditor with detailed understanding and familiarity with factory audit process and building HACCP plans.
- Detailed understanding of Canadian food safety regulations.
- Detailed understanding of food distribution networks and logistics/transportation related food safety concerns.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Age - 16 or older
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.
Primary Location…1940 ARGENTIA RD, MISSISSAUGA, ON L5N 1P9, Canada