Manager, Customer Insights (GM & Seasonal)
Position Summary...The Manager, Customer Insights will be the key insights leader for their respective client and be the key insights partner for the Leadership team that they support. Develop the annual insights learning agenda to drive the near term (1-2 year) sales, growth and customer plans drive sales and growth objectives. Present to members of the Canadian Leadership Team, as well as be a customer insights leader for near-term, ad hoc insights projects providing teams with integrated customer perspective across consumer mindset, shopper behaviour, competitor intelligence, and performance reporting to grow sales and customer penetration, as well as drive iteration of near term strategy and tactics on assortment, pricing, and store layout.
This is your opportunity to be a core part of the Customer Insights team and lead creation and evolution of customer research and reporting to inform customer strategy and communications. Be the key insights partner for the respective group on setting / recommending customer KPIs and push teams to set stretch customer goals accelerate the business.
What you'll do...
1. He/she will develop and evolve the insights learning agenda through the phases of work to hit key annual milestones, facilitating cross functional team to build customer centric annual season event plans to accelerate sales and customer growth. On a day to day, work closely with the GM and Seasonal leaders to inspire/facilitate/advise integration of customer insights/leanings into strategies and plans, to drive hitting the growth target for the near term (1-2 year) plan.
2. Lead, develop, manage and evolve Customer Insights' GM and Seasonal merchandising trackers to change siloed reporting/measurement to be all channel driving integrated all channel strategies/plans. These trackers include but not limited to monthly event tracker and monthly category perception tracker that drives planning in Quarterly & Annual Merchandising planning meetings, Commercial Planning Strategy Meetings to drive customer-centric strategy and planning. Being the in-house expert on these trackers in addition to driving customer centric insights, this leader will execute on questionnaire design/programming support; tab plans and analytics; and coordinating with data processing/external sample agency; and creating reporting templates/ad hoc insight decks. Provide recommendations for program improvement and ensure it is both consistent with other trackers as well as ongoing alignment to the strategic needs of the business. Interested in other Insight approaches including both qualitative and quantitative methodologies in the retail environment.
3. Build compelling presentations integrated business performance customer mindset, shopper behaviour, competitor intelligence to drive customer centric decision making and planning, influencing cross functional teams to balance customer and business KPIs and objectives, think customer first with a growth mindset to accelerate the plan. Technical expertise pertaining to consumer research, with a focus on key quantitative solutions (questionnaire design, sample planning and analytics, visualization), as well as familiarity with how to tie this tightly with sales data, market share and syndicated sources will be a must.
4. Project management, coordination with both internal stakeholders and external agency partners through to implementation and final delivery. Manage multiple Insight projects at once, knowing how to prioritize competing needs within timeline and budgets. Working closely with peers to oversee all operational components of projects including field and study management
5. This insights leader is a team player who can influence, build trust and contribute to a culture of collaboration and partnership with a growth mindset. This will leader will build strong cross functional relationships and be able to lead conversations from ambiguity to clarity through customer focus. This leader will integrate into the (COE) and work to create robust measurement and optimization roadmap to drive grow sales and customer penetration, as well as drive iteration of near-term strategy and tactics on assortment, pricing, and store layout.
6. Lead and Manage agency teams including the NPD onsite team of 3 full-time managers and create, socialize and maintain new and more effective ways of working to drive accountability and continuous improvement, as well as create culture of agility to meet aggressive and ever changing timelines for reporting/meetings
7. Lead and effectively/efficiently use a large customer insights budget, including identifying opportunities for cost efficiencies through scale, automation, optimization of resources, and/or partnering identifying synergies with other functions.
9. Canadian lead/Liaison with Walmart US peers to leverage best practices and share Canadian learnings, as well as partner or lift and adapt to realize efficiencies where applicable
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor's Degree required/MBA (preferred)
- 5+ Years experience
- Confidence and Experience presenting to C-Level leadership
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Project management
- Advanced presentation/story telling with data and communication skills · Strong market research skills including both qualitative, quantitative and a good knowledge of syndicated and secondary research
- User and integrater of analytics (i.e., Decipher, SPSS, Tableau, Power BI)
- ·Depth of expertise in consumer and retail consumer research – Supplier side experience in the Canadian market
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Age – 16 or older
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.
Primary Location…1940 ARGENTIA RD, MISSISSAUGA, ON L5N 1P9, Canada