Manager, Category - Ecommerce Hardlines
Position Summary...The Category Manager designs, develops, and executes strategies for medium-complexity categories, as determined by established sales, qualitative, and quantitative criteria, in partnership with cross-functional specialist teams that achieve profit and loss deliverables and sell the products customers want at unbeatable prices.
What you'll do...
1. Accountable for all aspects of online merchandise profit and loss management and category ecommerce financial results. Responsible for communicating/reporting financial analysis and results to appropriate cross-functional teams and partnering closely with department’s omnichannel team to manage interdependencies. Align ecommerce priorities and programs with department DMM and store category managers and support longer-term omni-integration agenda.
2. Accountable for delivering or exceeding the portfolio’s online sales target across channels, market share growth, gross and contribution profit, pricing and inventory level targets. This will be achieved by developing the assortment available online (store SKUs, Ext. Aisle SKUs) and through collaboration with cross-functional teams to drive traffic to Walmart.ca, improve path to purchase, maximize in-stock, optimize pricing, and drive conversion. Accountable for short-term and long-term planning, as well as proactive/reactive management to drive sales, ensure forecast accuracy, execute markdowns, and collect co-op.
3. Develop category strategies that align with the portfolio’s online and OMNI business strategies/financials through the use and review of multiple data sources. Conduct item level assortment analysis and determine assortment decisions, including coverage of needs analysis for priority sub-categories, vendor optimization, SKU optimization, price ladders, private label/brand strategy and development. Monitor physical and digital stores (both Walmart and competitors) to build category strategy and price ladders for priority sub-categories. Proactively communicate strategies to leadership and their respective cross-functional teams to allow for appropriate planning and execution.
5. Initiate, negotiate and manage vendor agreements, costs, vendor allowances/terms, quality, and delivery terms in order to drive supplier performance. Develop and maintain vendor relationships, both domestic and overseas.
6. Work in partnership with the marketing team and site experience team to drive traffic to the category on Walmart.ca. Work with vendors as well as internal partners responsible for Item level planning, selection, placement forecasting and execution for tabs, and all other media. Responsible for proofing of final tabs/banners/site experiences, or other media for accuracy as well as exit strategies for any tab inventory residue.
7. Accountable for new item and promotional forecasts. Identify item deletes, manage and communicate markdowns/markups/price adjustments and develop exit strategies to ensure adjustments can and will be made as necessary.
8. Prepare and lead ecommerce line reviews and deliver store ready modulars and seasonal sets on time. Complete promotional planning activities. Conduct walk throughs with senior management from cross-functional areas to receive sign off.
9. Attend trade shows and buying trips in order to identify new vendors, enhance innovation and product categories that will influence item assortment, new item creation, pricing, and align to the corporate strategy (i.e. Canada and USA).
10. Provide coaching and direction to Category Team Analyst and/or Associate Category Managers and/or Category Advisors (vendor). Mentor other merchants as required.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5- 8 years' minimum merchandising experience required
- eCommerce merchandising experience, an asset
- Experience using Ecommerce analytics tools (Omniture), an asset
- Proven ability to deliver results including demonstrated P&L management skills
- Broad retail experience including working knowledge of cross-functional areas/processes and their inter-relationships
- Strong customer orientation
- Results driven, strategic thinking, and ability to influence others
- Strong analytical, business and financial acumen
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Age - 16 or older
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.
Primary Location…1940 ARGENTIA RD, MISSISSAUGA, ON L5N 1P9, Canada