Manager, Marketing Print
Argentia & Mississauga Rd. (Corporate/Home Office)
Walmart Canada operates a growing chain of more than 410 stores nationwide serving more than 1.2 million customers each day. Walmart Canada’s flagship online store, www.walmart.ca, is visited by 750,000 customers daily. With more than 85,000 associates, Walmart Canada is one of Canada’s largest employers and is ranked one of the country’s top 10 most influential brands. Walmart Canada’s extensive philanthropy program is focused on supporting Canadian families in need, and since 1994 Walmart has donated and raised more than $300 million to Canadian charities. Additional information can be found at www.walmartcanada.ca, www.facebook.com/walmartcanada and at twitter.com/@walmartcanada
The Manager, Advertising Operations is responsible for managing print procurement, distribution, and legal complicance of all print advertising.
Partners with Legal, Operations, Finance, Real Estate, Category Marketing, Creative, Production, Merchants and Vendor Management to deliver plans on budget and on time.
Builds/adjusts the print distribution strategy to maximize readership/coverage.
Manages external vendor resources in the printing and distribution, with responsiblity for development of contracts, sourcing and negotiations
- Leads development and negotiation of print plan/budget in collaboration with Marketing Leadership, Finance, external Vendor partners. Revising as appropriate to meet changing requirements.
- Manage, negotiate and lead the direction for all external print and distribution vendors for the execution of the print program.
- Collaborate and communicate with Legal, Item File, Production, Operations on all print programs ensuring that all advertising content is compliant and all information, zoning and pricing is 100% accurate.
- Manage and lead a team of 6 Associates including; 3 Associate Managers; Print Media & Distribution, Ad Control, Legal Compliance, and 3 Ad Control Coordinators and external vendor resources to ensure all projects are on track, on time and on budget with the Print Plan and Marketing Schedules.
- Management and development of the Print Plan Expense Budget - consolidating expenses from various sources, reconciling plan, P&L forecast for finance with follow-up. ($50MM + Budget)
- Analysis of processes internally and externally, working collaboratively to improve and facilitate execution, develop COE's and make recommendations for improvements and implement and manage change.
- Develop industry knowledge and establish relationships with vendors, WM US, industry associations and other major retailers to collaborate and share best practices.
- Provide training, resources and present new processes cross-funtionally within organization.
Canada Walmart Division
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree required Minimum 3-5 years of experience required Print & Distribution/Media experience Negotiation Skills Management experience Retail Experience
Licensing & Other Qualifications
- Print & Distribution/Media experience
- Negotiation Skills
- Management experience
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.