Manager, Environmental Stewardship and Supplier Funding
Argentia & Mississauga Rd. (Corporate/Home Office)
Walmart Canada operates a growing chain of more than 410 stores nationwide serving more than 1.2 million customers each day. Walmart Canada’s flagship online store, www.walmart.ca, is visited by 750,000 customers daily. With more than 85,000 associates, Walmart Canada is one of Canada’s largest employers and is ranked one of the country’s top 10 most influential brands. Walmart Canada’s extensive philanthropy program is focused on supporting Canadian families in need, and since 1994 Walmart has donated and raised more than $300 million to Canadian charities. Additional information can be found at www.walmartcanada.ca, www.facebook.com/walmartcanada and at twitter.com/@walmartcanada
The Manager, Supplier Costs/Funding is responsible for the completeness and accuracy of the Balance Sheet, P&L and Working Capital activities related to the Environmental Stewardship program and supplier/government funding (Vendor allowances, Pharmacy receivables, manual billing, post audit, working capital and supplier master data). They partner with Commercial Finance, Global Business Services (GBS), external Environmental Organizations (CSSA, EEQ, etc) and our Vendors to ensure financial statement accuracy and an efficient control environment is maintained in accordance with company policies and US GAAP.
1. Motivate, lead and coach team by providing feedback and assisting in the formulation of personal development plans. Continuously assess and monitor talent development and provide challenging work to foster professional growth. Encourages others to consider innovative alternatives and contributes to moving the business forward in operational efficiency and effectiveness, to drive profitable business growth.
2. Ensure compliance of Environmental Stewardship programs, ensuring operating procedures are designed to comply with applicable legislation, program developments are communicated with key internal and external stakeholders and remittances are submitted timley and accurately.
3. Partner with Walmart Legal on development of required disclosures to customers regarding Environmental fees, and in the review of contracts with stewardship board; shared responsibility for various environmental compliance initiatives, proactively research and understand compliance-related issues and policies and support any audits.
4. Lead and manage the relationship with GBS and ensure tasks transferred to GBS are completed accurately and timely, through feedback and implementation of process improvements to meet or exceed the Service Level Agreement. Lead the completion of month-end close tasks for timeliness and quality, to ensure a high quality of financial processing.
5. Build and partner relationships with business stakeholders to review key financial information in order to drive awareness and understanding of financial impacts of business actions in order to facilitate operational decision making. Develop, implement, and evaluate metrics to analyze supplier funding and environmental fees, variances and trends; communicate results including opportunities for performance improvement and innovation; and preparation of reporting and dash boards for finance and business areas.
6. Be the subject matter expert and participate in cross-functional teams that address strategic business initiatives and issues involving the deployment of various tools. Lead requirement gathering phase, user acceptance testing and production phase deployments of new systems and tools. Collaborate with GBS/ISD to develop and maintain compliance monitoring, reporting usage & data integrity for these projects.
7. Review and approve journal entries, ensuring financial transactions are validated to appropriate supporting documentation and provide assistance to business segments in dealing with system control changes for financial processing. Review balance sheet account reconciliations, ensuring their accuracy, evidenced by sufficient supporting documentation. Investigate any unreconciled items to identify risks and/or opportunities within the established deadline. Provide quantitative and qualitative flux analysis with root causes.
8. Monitor and implement recommendations for control environment improvements for financial transactional processing, and as a Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) process owner, to improve the integrity of financial information.
Canada Walmart Division
Minimum Education Required: Bachelor's degree
Minimum Years of Experience Required: 3-5 years
Licensing & Other Qualifications
CPA is preferred
Experience as an Environmental Steward (CSSA, EEQ and like agencies)
Strong MS Excel knowledge
SAP knowledge an asset
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.