Key Account Manager, Marketplace
Position Summary...The Key Account Manager, Marketplace will be responsible for managing the success of live Sellers on the Walmart Canada Marketplace. The successful candidate will leverage analytics to meet financial and operational goals, build strong internal and external relationships, and help drive the success of our Marketplace partners. Responsibilities will also include optimizing assortment to improve marketplace growth and enhancing the customer experience. Successful candidates should be quick learners, strategic thinkers, and have an entrepreneurial spirit. The ability to analyze data and sales statistics and translate results into better solutions. The candidate will have proven problem solving and decision making skills. This role is heavily cross-functional, requiring knowledge of merchandising, marketing, operations, finance, and technology. Candidates should also understand how to use technology to enable business needs. The goal is to contribute in sustaining and growing our business to achieve long-term success.
What you'll do...
You’ll sweep us off our feet if:
- You are seller obsessed and relationship driven.
- You are a visionary always looking for ways to distinguish from the competition.
- You thrive in constantly evolving, fast-paced, dynamic environments.
- You are results-oriented with a proven track record of leadership and taking ownership to produce exceptional results.
- You build trust quickly and lead by influence with the ability to translate to varied audiences.
- You believe in and prioritize the collective success of the team and are quick to jump in, help, mentor, and coach your fellow team members.
- You are creative and resilient – always looking for new ways to approach problems and drive business performance.
- You enjoy the learning journey and like working with your manager and partners to continue to add to your toolbox.
- Drive marketplace GMV by influencing marketplace Sellers to improve assortment, product content and inventory strength.
- Identify strategies and tactics to drive incremental GMV by analyzing Seller assortment, evaluating financial data, and developing insights from customer behavior.
- Build and manage relationships with internal partners and ensure Marketplace drives broader Walmart goals and strategies.
- Partner with Marketplace Business Development to identify gaps and opportunities in Seller offers. Support prioritization of Seller recruitment efforts.
- Ensure the alignment of cross-functional teams to achieve business objectives, including Technology, Merchandising, Marketing, SEO & Analytics, Site Merchandising, Legal, Compliance, and third- party partners (i.e. Channel Advisor, Bazaarvoice, etc.).
- Partner with Marketplace Operations to hold Sellers accountable for meeting customer expectations.
- Triage and manage Partner support escalations maintaining trust and enabling Seller success.
- Measure, track and analyze key account metrics, preparing regular financial reports of progress.
- 2- 4 years of experience within ecommerce/retail
- 2+ years management experience in marketplace, merchandising, or equivalent partner focused business model
- Analytical and P&L experience accountability
- Have experience in the eCommerce/digital space
- Strong knowledge and/or experience in Marketplace
- Strong Management skills
- New Idea Generator – ability to pivot, move/start own lane
- Digital-first and Data-first mindset
- Strong Communicator (presentation, verbal)
You’ll make an impact by:
- Managing accounts: Serve as a strategic consultant/account manager – accountable for driving business growth across a portfolio of sellers. Develop strategies with sellers to expand selection, improve offer quality and drive operational improvements across their business.
- Overseeing business performance: Lead annual and quarterly business planning and performance tracking for sellers. Conduct deep dive analysis on issues effecting seller business performance and implement corrective actions. Drive performance against P&L levers including gross merchandise value (GMV) and contribution profit.
- Being a trusted advisor: Develop strong and trusting relationships with partners. Serve as the account “quarterback” – working across the organization to solve issues, address pain points and implement growth initiatives. Employ a “one team” approach to accomplish the goals of the business and drive negotiations from a “win-win” perspective that establishes credibility and trust with our partners and delivers consistently improved performance.
- Optimizing offer quality: Work directly with sellers to optimize their listings including content, ratings and reviews, ship speed and price competitiveness to maximize search optimization and discoverability across the platform.
- Driving adoption of seller services: Teach sellers how to be more successful across the Walmart platform and maximize awareness and adoption of seller growth initiatives including SWW, Walmart Connect, and more.
- Developing strategic marketing plans: Develop seller marketing plans - including events, site placements and promotions - that drive incremental traffic and GMV.
- Working cross-functionally: Collaborate with Product Management, Strategy, Operations, Site and Marketing to deliver best-in-class customer and seller experiences.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Age - 16 or older
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.
Primary Location…1940 ARGENTIA RD, MISSISSAUGA, ON L5N 1P9, Canada