Fulfillment Manager (various SBUs)
Time Type: Full Time
Walmart Canada operates a growing chain of more than 410 stores nationwide serving more than 1.2 million customers each day. Walmart Canada’s flagship online store, www.walmart.ca, is visited by 750,000 customers daily. With more than 85,000 associates, Walmart Canada is one of Canada’s largest employers and is ranked one of the country’s top 10 most influential brands. Walmart Canada’s extensive philanthropy program is focused on supporting Canadian families in need, and since 1994 Walmart has donated and raised more than $300 million to Canadian charities. Additional information can be found at www.walmartcanada.ca, www.facebook.com/walmartcanada and at twitter.com/@walmartcanada
This position is responsible for the omni operation of a category, a group of categories or multiple departments. The purpose of the Fullfillment Manager is to manage the ordering and flow of all inventory for a Merchandise category/department (s) with the goal of maximizing sales by maintaining high availabilabiltiy while controlling inventory to achieve improved inventory turns and/or reduce waste targets. This position is also responsible for managing Supplier performance on Fillrate and Ontime delivery.
- Collaborates with the Merchandising Team and Demand Managers to align to Business objectives and initiatives to execute across Replenishment Strategies
- Evaluates outliers, root cause and provides solutions to cross functional partners for improvements to Availability
- Responsible for Planning the flow of Seasonal Merchandise Programs, Event Management, Promotions and Modular orders while providing visibility to Merchants on execution.
- Responsible for holding Suppliers and Internal stakeholders accountable for On-time and In-full flow while developing recommendations for improvement.
- Balancing inventory strategies with inventory health to determine financial trade-offs across categories; and coordinating solutions for exceptions that fall within the business;
- Lead seasonal planning meetings to ensure strategy is implemented. This includes for planning the flow of seasonal, event, promotions and modular orders, while providing visibility to supplier, vessel and network delays to the merchandising business.
- Accountable for the allocation of Seasonal and Special Buy programs to maximize sales and reduce liability.
- Ownership of inventory exits through aligned strategies.
Canada Walmart Division: Corporate
- Minimum Education Required: College certificate or diploma
- Minimum Years of Experience Required: 3 to 5 years
Licensing & Other Qualifications
- Customer Centered: Focus on the Customer - Reviews customer/member-focused data and adjusts performance to address findings. Aims to exceed customer expectations, in informed on how to identify and locate resources to meet the diverse needs of customers.
- Judgment: Use Appropriate Judgment - Identifies, reviews, and applies policies and procedures to make informed judgments. Identifies and uses facts, information, and expertise to set priorities and make informed decisions. Uses data and evidence to determine the causes of problems and develop solutions to address them.
- Execution and Results: Manage Execution and Results - Holds associates accountable for completing work within expectations and time requirements. Plans and manages own and others' time, based on business priorities, and follows up to ensure all work requirements are completed in a timely and accurate manner. Identifies and obtains the resources needed to complete projects. Is encouraged to strive for excellence, efficiency, and quality in work practices.
- Planning and Improvement: Plan and Pursue Team-Based Improvement - Coordinates and aligns planning with organizational initiatives and direction. Looks at work plans and makes changes, as needed, to achieve team or work group objectives. Sets realistic timelines for goal accomplishment. Improves work processes and practices to increase performance and results.
- Influence and Communicate: Increase Commitment - Promotes ideas and links them to business needs and benefits. Builds trusting, cooperative relationships and alliances with others, inside and outside of the organization. Effectively communicates clear, up-to-date information on business plans and priorities (for example, change initiatives). Shares experience and ideas with associates across the organization.
Accessibility: Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.