FT Optician - Dual Licensed - #3167 - Chilliwack, BC
Req ID: 1385553BR
Location: 8249 EAGLE LANDING PARKWAY, CHILLIWACK, BC, V2R 0P9
Time Type: Full Time
Walmart Canada operates a growing chain of more than 410 stores nationwide serving more than 1.2 million customers each day. Walmart Canada’s flagship online store, www.walmart.ca, is visited by 750,000 customers daily. With more than 85,000 associates, Walmart Canada is one of Canada’s largest employers and is ranked one of the country’s top 10 most influential brands. Walmart Canada’s extensive philanthropy program is focused on supporting Canadian families in need, and since 1994 Walmart has donated and raised more than $300 million to Canadian charities. Additional information can be found at www.walmartcanada.ca, www.facebook.com/walmartcanada and at twitter.com/@walmartcanada
The Optician reporting to the Vision Centre Manager provides the Store with expertise on the ordering and dispensing of quality eyewear while maximizing sales and profit and creating/maintaining exemplary customer service.
- An individual must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this position with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Administer, support and represent the core corporate values of Respect for the Individual, Service to our Customer and Striving for Excellence.
- Maximize Vision Centre sales and profit with direction from the Vision Centre Manager.
- Provide assistance in training the Vision Centre Associates to ensure they are knowledgeable about lenses, frames and contact lens products.
- Responsible for the regular care of the Vision Centre to ensure a proper appearance and hospital clean environment for Staff, Patients, and Doctors.
- Participate in the execution of regular competition surveys and execution of marketing and merchandising programs as per company expectations.
- Responsible for ordering & maintaining accurate inventory of product.
- Prepare work orders and instructions for grinding lenses and fabricating eyeglasses.
- Verify that finished lenses conform to specifications.
- Fabricate lenses to conform to prescription specifications.
- Maintain a high level of Patient service and patient care in the Vision Centre.
- Assist Patients in selecting frames according to style and color, and ensure that frames are coordinated with facial and eye measurements and optical prescriptions.
- Measure Patients’ bridge and eye size, temple length, vertex distance, pupillary distance, and optical centers of eyes, using measuring devices.
- Recommend specific lenses, lens coatings, and frames to suit client needs.
- Instruct Patients to wear and care for eyeglasses properly.
- Maintain records of Patient prescriptions, work orders, and payments.
- Responsible for adhering to the provincial dispensing guidelines and ensuring that these are maintained by Associates at all times.
- Establish and develop a strong working relationship with Division 1 Management and Professional Services District Manager. •
- Accept and evaluate written prescription orders from Patients or Doctors.
- Participate in weekly Vision Centre meetings and morning/afternoon Store meetings.
- Attendance and completion of Continuing Education (CE) credits to maintain license as per provincial guidelines.
- Operate the Vision Centre computer, register equipment and other assigned tools.
- Protect company assets.
Canada Walmart Division
An individual must be proficient in each of the competencies listed below to successfully perform the responsibilities of this position.
- Customer Centered: Actively strives to provide excellent customer service. Seeks to meet Customer needs and demands. Remains calm and professional when dealing with Customers. Reviews complaints from internal/external Customers and takes action to remedy the complaint.
- Dependability: Being reliable, responsible, and willing to fulfill obligations. The extent to which one can be counted on to deliver on all promises and be accountable for results, whether good or bad. Refers to the tendency to see things through to completion and behave responsibly.
- Initiative: Being willing to take action on self-identified job responsibilities and challenges. Refers to the degree to which one jumps into action and seeks out challenges without waiting to be told. It refers to the tendency to be proactive versus doing only what one is told to do.
- Persistence: Demonstrates persistence in the face of obstacles. The degree to which one shows resolve and determination to accomplish objectives. Refers to the tendency to redouble efforts in the face of obstacles and to refuse to be distracted or sidetracked in the pursuit of objectives.
- Self Control: Maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check even in very difficult situations, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behaviour. Refers to the ability to avoid being hostile, temperamental, high-strung, irritable, or touchy. The degree to which one can control emotions at work.
- Judgment: The degree to which one is able to analyze typical business problems and determine appropriate courses of action. It refers to “street smarts,” or what is often called “common sense,” and to the ability to differentiate between effective and ineffective solutions to common problems.
- Critical Thinking: The ability to analyze problems, integrate information from a variety of sources, and to think problems through critically, looking at all possibilities.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Basic Reading Skills: Ability to understand the meaning of written or printed matter and to record information by inscribing characters or symbols.
- Verbal Communication Skills: Ability to communicate effectively to maximize accuracy in the delivery of Patient care.
Licensing & Other Qualifications
- Completion of a Diploma in Opticianry.
- Licensed by the relevant Provincial College of Opticians.