FADP - Finance and Accounting Development Program - Queens University
Mississauga: Ontario: Req ID 1364003BR
Store Location: Argentia & Mississauga Rd. (Corporate/Home Office)
Time Type: Temporary Assignment - Full Time
Walmart Canada operates a growing chain of more than 410 stores nationwide serving more than 1.2 million customers each day. Walmart Canada’s flagship online store, www.walmart.ca, is visited by 750,000 customers daily. With more than 85,000 associates, Walmart Canada is one of Canada’s largest employers and is ranked one of the country’s top 10 most influential brands. Walmart Canada’s extensive philanthropy program is focused on supporting Canadian families in need, and since 1994 Walmart has donated and raised more than $300 million to Canadian charities. Additional information can be found at www.walmartcanada.ca, www.facebook.com/walmartcanada and at twitter.com/@walmartcanada
There are two streams to choose from for the FADP - Finance and Accounting Development Program:
1) Core Stream
2) Assurance Stream
The Program is a 33 month program offered to the most promising business graduates interested in attaining their CPA through a pre-approved CPA program. The first 3 months of the program begins with a foundational learning in store operations followed by 3-6 rotations across strategic business units (SBU’s) depending on the stream you choose to specialize in. In this program, you will be an integral part of a dynamic team of Finance and Retail professionals. The program is designed to provide you with key functional exposure, progressively building technical skills and developing business knowledge, under the mentorship of experienced Chartered Professional Accountants and other Finance Professionals.
Walmart provides reimbursement of costs and study leave to obtain your CPA designation
- Walmart will cover the cost of fees associated with CPA exams
- PREP Program
- Core and Elective exams
- Capstone 1 & 2
- CFE exam
- In addition, associates will receive 12 days of “Study Leave”throughout the program to prepare for and write required exams
What you will gain from the DARE Finance Designation Program:
• Hands-on, Fast-paced learning.
• Diverse experience. Unmatched mentorship.
• Opportunity to work cross functionally with a dynamic organization in the competitive and changing retail industry
• Participate in Capstone Project based on Walmart’s strategic initiatives and get exposure to C-suite through presentation of findings
• Paired with a mentor, providing in-depth, face-to-face learning from a senior leader in Accounting and Finance
In the Core stream you will gain exposure to different parts of the business, capturing a ‘big picture’ understanding of Walmart’s strategies and competitive advantage, while working day-to-day with integral business partners. These experiences will put you in an excellent position to take on a variety of finance related roles within the company and will prepare you for a successful career as finance professional. Candidates wishing to pursue their CPA designation may qualify to have the experience obtained during the program count towards the CPA designation, through the CPA experience verification model.
Experience rotations through 4-6 month SBU’s business units including:
- Merchandise Finance
- Operations and eCommerce Finance
- Real Estate Finance
- Performance Management & Analysis
The Assurance stream of the program is designed for individuals who want to obtain their CPA designation (with a focus on Accounting – Assurance and Corporate Reporting), through a pre-approved training program with the CPA Institute. You will gain exposure to different parts of the business, capturing a ‘big picture’ understanding of Walmart’s strategies and competitive advantage, while working day-to-day with integral business partners. These experiences will put you in an excellent position to take on a variety of accounting or finance related roles within the company and will prepare you for a successful career as a Chartered Professional Accountant.
Practical experience rotating through the following SBU’s:
- Assurance (Internal Audit)
- Corporate Reporting (Controllership)
- Commercial Finance or Business Performance Management
Finish the program. Start a career. In completing the program, you will develop a breadth of experience rare to those just entering the finance discipline. Upon successful completion of the program, you will be placed in a full-time role within Finance and Accounting, based on your interests, skills and business needs
Canada Walmart Division: Corporate
Qualifications: *Note* Please include your Resume and Transcripts. No need to provide a cover letter.
Graduating from a Canadian University undergrad program in Spring/Summer 2021
- History of giving back to the community through extracurricular activity or volunteer work
- Passion for retail, merchandising, supply chain/logistics and operations
- Skills: Can show a foundation of Situational Judgment, Clear paradigm of Service to the Customer, Demonstrates personal drive for Excellence, Demonstrates capability in Planning for Improvement, Seeks to improve oneself, “Student of Life”, Adaptability Teamwork (influencing and communicating), Respect for the Individual
Licensing & Other Qualifications
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.