District Manager, Rx & Vision
1001 EMPRESS STREET, WINNIPEG, MB, R3G 3P8
Walmart Canada operates a growing chain of more than 410 stores nationwide serving more than 1.2 million customers each day. Walmart Canada’s flagship online store, www.walmart.ca, is visited by 750,000 customers daily. With more than 85,000 associates, Walmart Canada is one of Canada’s largest employers and is ranked one of the country’s top 10 most influential brands. Walmart Canada’s extensive philanthropy program is focused on supporting Canadian families in need, and since 1994 Walmart has donated and raised more than $300 million to Canadian charities. Additional information can be found at www.walmartcanada.ca, www.facebook.com/walmartcanada and at twitter.com/@walmartcanada
The District Mgr, Rx & Vision oversees the Pharmacy and Vision Center Operations in their district to ensure the delivery of operational excellence & provincial regulatory compliance. This position will collaborate with district and store management teams to implement and improve upon store operating procedures to meet current and future strategic business needs.
- Establish short and long-term district priorities that align to operational, people, and merchandising initiatives to increase overall productivity and efficiency within Northern Ontario and Manitoba regions.
- Develop and leverage internal partnerships to maximize achievement of deliverables including all key stakeholders, and develop strong relationships with key stakeholders and leverages strong partnerships between Operations and Merchandising and external partnerships (e.g. provincial regulatory bodies.
- Conduct monthly P&L reviews with Regional Field Manager & Direct Reports – Pharmacy and Vision and share results with cross-functional district teams.
- People Leadership: Career development for direct reports, assistance within recruitment strategies, managing an effective evaluation process, delver ongoing coaching and accountability.
- Educate and deliver training strategies to direct reports and district partners to support the overall achievement of Pharmacy and Vision Centre initiatives such as scope of practice and regulatory compliance.
- Provide leadership, direction, and is accountable in communicating clear expectations for implementation of operational processes and hold Pharmacy and Vision Centre Managers accountable for execution and follow-up of all corporate directives, policies and programs as developed by the merchandising organization.
- Conduct tours using tools such as CANSTAR to identify the root cause of operational execution shortfalls through gap analysis.
- Monitor and evaluate performance of the Pharmacy and Vision Centre Managers and act as direct coach to Pharmacy and Vision Centre Managers.
Canada Walmart Division
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree education required
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience required
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.