Director, Talent Management
Position Summary...The Director, Talent Management leads the design and development of programs and practices that enable a high-performance organization, a strong succession bench, and career mobility programs that ensures WM Canada has talent ready now and prepared for the future.
What you'll do...
1. Talent, Performance and Career Management Strategy and Execution: Establish a talent pipeline succession strategy for Walmart Canada that supports WM Canada’s business unit talent, workforce planning and capability needs (Buy, Build, Borrow). Drive a high-impact performance culture as well as establish best in class in house career management practice, inclusive of upskilling, sponsorship and mentoring that proactively meets the current and future talent needs for the organization.
2. Assessment: Partnering with WM Global and WM International, lead WMC's assessment strategy for a broad audience including Senior Leadership, Home Office, Field & Logistics.
3. Executive Coaching: Consult with senior WMC leaders to provide guidance, coaching, and individualized support for their on-boarding and ongoing development. Development options can include sourcing external executive coaches, programs or vendors, and liaising with WM International and Global Talent to ensure the executive's individual development needs are met.
4. Talent Reviews: Develop and facilitate a streamlined process for WMC's annual and quarterly talent reviews and high-potential IDP. Partner with Divisional People Managers and Walmart International and facilitate senior talent review calibration meetings to ensure accurate talent assessment and robust development discussion. Monitor development commitments.
5. Succession Planning: Drive succession planning for senior and critical roles. Liaise with WM International to align with International and Global talent reviews. Influence Global talent review process to ensure alignment with local Market requirements.
6. Performance Management: Oversee organization-wide performance management process, including alignment with Walmart International and Global Talent and liaison with People Services/HR Technology team and lead the performance culture strategic initiative.
7. Lead and manage a team of subject matter experts, and leverage and collaborate with Canadian, International, and U.S. partners to share resources and best practices, and enable optimal execution of objectives.
8. Career Management: Lead the internal mobility practice within WM Canada. Develop career mobility tools, processes, programs for all WM Canada stakeholder groups to enable all associates to build a meaningful career at WM Canada with ready now and future proofed capabilities to maximize employability.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Age – 16 or older
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.
Primary Location…1940 ARGENTIA RD, MISSISSAUGA, ON L5N 1P9, Canada