Director, Sales and Strategic Partnerships-1
Position Summary...The Director of Strategic Sales and Partnerships is responsible for the development and facilitation of the WMC go-to-market strategy with specific focus on the Tier 1, Tier 2 and Media Agency client base.
This role will work closely with the WMC Sales Team (Customer Marketing Director, CMM and agency sales team where relevant) to maximize sales and revenue while managing successful vendor/advertiser relationship through an understanding of the client’s business, and WMC media offerings.
What you'll do...
1. Leads go-to-market strategy and approach working closely with and in support of assigned WMC teams (e.g. media agency holding companies, Tier 1 Strategic and/or Tier 2 Walmart-led vendor relationships) and leads broader client relationships (e.g. Media Agency Holding Companies)
2. Investment partnership execution and deal governance for assigned client base (media agency, Tier 1 Strategic and/or Tier 2 Walmart-led relationships) ensuring consistency across all media sellers.
3. Lead and develop Client/Media Agency engagement strategy to support and facilitate the sales process (e.g. events, thought leadership, training, etc.)
4. Lead and support the Customer Marketing team in the development of Tier 1 and Tier 2 vendor annual sales and planning including pro-active vendor/account growth planning, presenting proactively new ideas and facilitating top client business reviews.
5. Work internally with all WMC teams and disciplines to streamline and facilitate the sales process on behalf of the Customer Marketing team including but not limited to sales enablement and operations, media planning, campaign management, activation and reporting
6. Work with sales team (media agency and/or Tier 1 and Tier 2 vendors/advertisers) to ensure strong return on client investments in Walmart Connect offerings and help Customer Marketing in pivoting toward large scale executions & campaign planning and campaign management while assisting in conceiving and managing big bet and client business development opportunities
7. Assist the Customer Marketing team in setting and achieving sales targets by vendor and by category by identifying gaps and/or opportunities
- Bachelor's Degree
- 8+ years of relevant sales experience and/or successful track record in either sales, marketing or campaign planning
- Strong prospecting and presentation skills
- Ability to get results through others and foster strategic relationships with peers, agencies & vendors
- Gifted at multi-dimensional selling & strategic campaign planning
- Strong communication skills with excellent time management skills
- High level of energy and drive to be successful
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Age – 16 or older
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.
Primary Location…1940 ARGENTIA RD, MISSISSAUGA, ON L5N 1P9, Canada