Demand Planning Manager (various SBUs)
Store Location: Argentia & Mississauga Rd. (Corporate/Home Office)
Time Type: Full Time
Walmart Canada operates a growing chain of more than 410 stores nationwide serving more than 1.2 million customers each day. Walmart Canada’s flagship online store, www.walmart.ca, is visited by 750,000 customers daily. With more than 85,000 associates, Walmart Canada is one of Canada’s largest employers and is ranked one of the country’s top 10 most influential brands. Walmart Canada’s extensive philanthropy program is focused on supporting Canadian families in need, and since 1994 Walmart has donated and raised more than $300 million to Canadian charities. Additional information can be found at www.walmartcanada.ca, www.facebook.com/walmartcanada and at twitter.com/@walmartcanada
This position is responsible for the Demand Planning aspect within their respective omni business segment. The ongoing goal of this position is to continuously improve availability and simultaneously reduce inventory by improving forecast accuracy and bias, thereby supporting category growth and working capital targets. Execution of the Demand Planning process focuses on collaborative “bottom-up” planning with merchandising. This role is key to achieving the business targets for availability and working capital, as well as achieving the category growth objectives.
- Leads and executes item level forecast analysis for assigned group of categories or department identifying and analyzing factors that impact customer demand for products (for example, product or category trends, seasonality, competitive products)
- Adjusting forecasting model based on changes to customer demand and trends
- Communicating forecast, including risks, uncertainty, and assumptions to incorporate impacting factors and to identify trends, performance, and concerns; evaluating historical data (for example, lost sales, market trends, and promotions)
- Collaborating with key stakeholders (for example, category managers, merchandise planners and feature planners and strategic vendor as necessary) to align demand forecasts to business plans including baseline and promotions
- Achieve forecast target improvements by reducing forecast error and bias at the fineline level at minimum
- Accountable to achieve working capital delivery through managing inventory management process and strategy improvement for categories or department by evaluating and identifying factors that impact department and item performance (Safety stocks)
Canada Walmart Division
Minimum Education Required:
- Bachelors Degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Statics, business or related field. APICS, PLOG, SCMP designation preferred
Minimum Years of Experience Required:
- 3-5 years experience engineering, supply chain , merchandising or related field
Licensing & Other Qualifications
- Customer Centered: Focus on the Customer - Reviews customer/member-focused data and adjusts performance to address findings. Promotes and supports associate efforts to exceed customer/member expectations. Informs associates on how to identify and locate resources to meet the diverse needs of customers/members.
- Influence and Communicate: Increase Commitment - Promotes ideas and links them to business needs and benefits. Builds trusting, cooperative relationships and alliances with others, inside and outside of the organization. Effectively communicates clear, up-to-date information on business plans and priorities (for example, change initiatives). Shares experience and ideas with associates across the organization.
- Demonstrates strong supply chain acumen by using various forecasting analytics to drive sales and inventory targets (forecast accuracy to ensure proper inventory utilization)
- Strong Demand planning system knowledge of JDA or equivalent planning system. Proficiency in PC based software tools (Microsoft Office Suite).