Argentia & Mississauga Rd. (Corporate/Home Office)
Walmart Canada operates a growing chain of more than 410 stores nationwide serving more than 1.2 million customers each day. Walmart Canada’s flagship online store, www.walmart.ca, is visited by 750,000 customers daily. With more than 85,000 associates, Walmart Canada is one of Canada’s largest employers and is ranked one of the country’s top 10 most influential brands. Walmart Canada’s extensive philanthropy program is focused on supporting Canadian families in need, and since 1994 Walmart has donated and raised more than $300 million to Canadian charities. Additional information can be found at www.walmartcanada.ca, www.facebook.com/walmartcanada and at twitter.com/@walmartcanada
Commercial lawyer to work as a strategic partner with the business on a broad range of contract and regulatory matters.
Negotiating and drafting commercial contracts and advising on a wide range of legal and regulatory issues for multiple business units, including merchandising, pharmacy, logistics, human resources and format development. Support process improvement and cross-functional initiatives. Provide ongoing legal advice on day-to-day matters, including intellectual property, anti-trust, bankruptcy and tax.
Canada Walmart Division
- Minimum Education Required: LLB / JD degree.
- Minimum Years of Relevant Experience: 2-4 years in-house legal department and/or law firm.
- Experience working in health/pharmacy would be an asset.
Licensing & Other Qualifications
- Call to Ontario Bar in good standing is required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Contract drafting and legal research skills.
- Ability to work with senior lawyers and business teams.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.