Category Team Analyst (Lawn and Garden)
Argentia & Mississauga Rd. (Corporate/Home Office)
Walmart Canada operates a growing chain of more than 410 stores nationwide serving more than 1.2 million customers each day. Walmart Canada’s flagship online store, www.walmart.ca, is visited by 750,000 customers daily. With more than 85,000 associates, Walmart Canada is one of Canada’s largest employers and is ranked one of the country’s top 10 most influential brands. Walmart Canada’s extensive philanthropy program is focused on supporting Canadian families in need, and since 1994 Walmart has donated and raised more than $300 million to Canadian charities. Additional information can be found at www.walmartcanada.ca, www.facebook.com/walmartcanada and at twitter.com/@walmartcanada
Support a team of Category Managers and Cross Functional Specialists throughout the business to achieve P&L deliverables and sell the products customers want at unbeatable prices.
- Responsible to gather and input data; build, analyze and maintain reports to support merchandise decisions utilizing systems such as Retail Link, Open to Buy, Linksave, MS Office, as well as create and track vendor funded rollbacks, markdowns, advertising expenses, create deals, coops to vendor and assisting the team on divisional projects.
- Responsible for supporting Sr/Category Managers with assortment planning activities in collaboration with cross functional partners such as line reviews, item file management (creation, deletion, edits, maintenance) and attend weekly commodity flow meetings to review inventory flow.
- Support Sr/Category Managers with merchandise event/promotional planning, execution and advertisement proofing, including but not limited to: item selection templates; collection of samples/photos from vendors; proofing and completion of advertising templates.
- Support Sr/Category Managers with vendor management and related compliance activities. Provide vendor training on systems as required. Initiate new vendor agreements and ensure timely follow up on compliance issues (internal and external) as they occur. Responsible for providing ongoing support and direction to vendor regarding Walmart processes.
- Support compliance group on product recalls, entering pertinent information into the system for the business to act upon.
- Store support for all merchandising inquiries / issues (e.g. UPC helpline issues, modulars, creation and maintenance of Regional or Dept. Traits etc.) Assist in developing seasonal, monthly guides
- Attend weekly commodity flow meeting with Category Managers, Supply Chain and Merchandise planning to review inventory flow.
- STEP maintenance and item file maintenance
- End to end content on-boarding and facilitation
- Work with cross functional Ecommerce teams to optimize vendor content.
- Liaison between brick and mortar and Ecommerce merchandising within Walmart; work together with the Walmart brick and mortar team to optimize processes and leverage support to execute best practices for items that are sold in store as well as online.
- Assist CM in setting up new vendors and assisting new vendors in creating new items to list on Walmart.ca
Canada Walmart Division
- Minimum Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree
- 2 years administrative professional or related experience
- 1 year experience using basic Microsoft Office functionality (for example, Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Strong proactive and time management skills supporting multiple Category Managers and cross function
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.