(CAN) Team Leader, SHUNT
Position Summary...This position is responsible for coordinating, monitoring and organizing the work flow in the DC yard. Shunt Team Leader is responsible for planning and organizing the shunting function, including but not limited to the communication and coordination between the drivers and docks requirement to support production and other important operations of a yard establishment. The purpose of this position is to provide an excellent level of service (LOS) and keeping the cost low at the same time.
What you'll do...
• The Shunt TL works daily towards keeping the yard in good order in terms of equipment placement, checking trailers for damages, expired safeties, improperly zoned trailers and improperly tagged trailers.
• Ability to deal with outside carriers that are coming in to the yard, explaining the rules and requirements and to observe the speed limit in the yard and any personnel in non-compliance.
• Facilitate and attend daily planning meetings as required.
• Coordinate shunt on-boarding, tests and any related tasks as required.
• Plan all required manpower according to forecasted volumes and make adjustments as volumes fluctuate on daily and weekly and monthly basis.
• Gathers, analyzes and reports shunt data related to performance metrics.
• Deals with all yard personnel, in motivating and coaching them regarding any issues that may arise from work related to personal related issues.
• Deals with asset team and vendors as applicable regarding maintenance on shunt trucks and or rapid repairs when trucks break down unexpectedly so as not to affect with daily operations.
• Deal with outside carriers regarding damaged trailers.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Age - 23 or older License - AZ / Class 1 Driver's License
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.
Primary Location…6800 MARITZ DR, MISSISSAUGA, ON L5W 1W2, Canada