(CAN) Supervisor, IT
Position Summary...This position is responsible for ensuring the smooth daily operation of the IT department, planning and supervising IT projects, and for maintaining current systems through the provision of preventative and reactive maintenance on all computer resources including hardware, software, data files, application programs, networks, and telecommunications technologies currently in place
What you'll do...
Supervises the resolution of user problems and help desk inquiries through the ‘open ticket’ process.
Plans, schedules, and supervises the implementation and completion of planned projects within the IT department.
Ensures the operation of all computer equipment by supervising the maintenance, repair, security and monitoring requirements.
Handles troubleshooting of malfunctions, maintenance of equipment inventories, and the ordering, preparation, and staging of new equipment into the organization.
Provides subject matter expertise and supervises the provision of application, technical support, and technical training to the end user.
Documents and communicates all required information vital to the end user’s effectiveness and productivity.
Provides reports as requested by the end user to support business needs.
If applicable, manages team by hiring and training, mentoring, assigning duties, providing recognition, and conducting performance appraisals.
- Post-secondary education in a computer science/Information Technology discipline or a comparable level of education and progressively responsible experience in a data center operation.
- Professional certificates/Designation in operating systems, Networking. Practical knowledge on Mainframe computer process, servers, network topologies, Warehouse Management system.
- IT experience in a senior technical or project role, with exposure to implementation and support of IT solutions.
- Issue management skills including problem solving and troubleshooting.
- Project management skills including needs analysis, information gathering, research, analysis, and reporting skills; preparing and maintaining detailed project plans.
- Time management skills including an ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task, manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines under pressure (i.e ensuring problems are logged, ‘ticketed’, and resolved in a timely manner)
- Communication skills including written (reports, schedules, etc.)
- Shifts or unusual hours may be required to accommodate the needs of the business.
- Experience leading teams
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Age - 18 or older
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.
Primary Location…3400 39TH AVE N E, CALGARY, AB T1Y 7J4, Canada