(CAN) Shunt Driver- Team Lead
Position Summary...This position is responsible for the supervision of shunt associates. The team leader is responsible for the smoother and safe operations of his/her team, helping associates to meet goals, and mediating concerns
What you'll do...
• Actively monitor queue volumes and allocate drivers to appropriate DC’s.
• Work daily with outside carriers coming into the yard, check trailers for damages, expired safeties, improperly zoned trailers, and improperly tagged trailers.
• Get involved when incidents/accidents occur within Distribution Centre’s.
• Report maintenance on shunt trucks to yard coordinator.
• Monitor the automated yard systems daily, to confirm the allocations and checking move volume in the queues.
• Work with outside carriers in decision making relating to the yard operations for better yard quality service and other duties.
• Deal with issues required by Walmart and/or our outside carriers to better our LCV operational flow.
• Oversee and organize the building and dismantling of LCV combinations.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Age - 23 or older License - AZ / Class 1 Driver's License
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.
Primary Location…2401 SCM WAY, CORNWALL, ON K6H 7S1, Canada