(CAN) Senior Manager, Store Space
Position Summary...The Senior Manager of Store Space is responsible for determining the scope aligned with strategic goals of each remodel store and any format projects to maximizes sales and profitability. The role focuses on decision making using enterprise thinking that supports the needs of our customers and the ability to influence cross-functional partners including Merchandising, OMNI, and Central Operations. The Senior Managers are also responsible for inspiring, leading and motivating a team of store space planners to draw the best Walmart store for our customers.
What you'll do...
1. Build a strong partnership with Senior Development Managers to understand strategy of each remodel/project and partner to build final RE&S remodel plan. Lead scope trips for project stores to decipher using strategy and using store layout analytics, operations input and alignment with cross-functional partners, determine the scope of each remodel program (examples, type of remodel, sizes of departments, space for OMNI, sizing of front end, licensee strategy etc.).
2. Ability to build a strategic recommendation and present to leadership for buy-in. Build relationships and influence to gain support from Senior Leadership across the organization including Format Development, Merchandising, Operations, OMNI etc. ensuring alignment is achieved for all major initiatives. Adaptable to leverage and maintain latest and greatest thinking in macro strategy as our customer and ways of thinking evolve with the market.
3. Build scope of all format projects where applicable to ensure that projects are protecting/growing sales, profitability, customer, and operational experience/flow, and achieving strategic goals for design to execute. Make informed judgements: Uses relevant business metrics, analyses, and reports to measure, monitor and improve performance post project execution. Integrate knowledge and expertise in making fact-based recommendations and decisions.
Where necessary, leverage, negotiate and manage 3rd party consultants on major projects where additional resourcing is required. Example of projects include all merchandising projects, front end rollouts, LP gates, OMNI expansion etc.
4. Responsible for all 3rd party negotiations with consultants and project management on verification of current store blueprints and any 3rd party project execution support (CAD/Revit). Accountable for detailing any project details / scope for any projects, execution calls, and vendor setup. Responsible for maintenance of all store layout files in regards of latest drawings, file archiving and folders structure to ensure accuracy is maintained.
5. Leverage space analysis tools and provide business recommendations to Format Leadership & Cross Functional Leadership on how to optimize space in stores to result in higher sales, profit, and customer traffic count. Identify additional (or reduction in) or tradeoffs required for each remodel project to satisfy the customer needs at least five years out but also managing capital spend. Influence cross-functional leaders to understand and buy-in to tradeoffs using total retail store strategic thinking.
Leverage space analysis and prior results to build bottom up build forecasts at SBU and Department level and ensure each respective SBU has signed off to forecasts.
6. Partner with the Proto and Standards role to ensure all pertaining Supercenter elements are continuously build and updated in Revit/CAD (i.e. SCO units, Merchandising elements). Ability to project manage and understand competing priorities. Sets clear expectations, performance measures, and goals to help team meet organizational goals. Accountable for ensuring the team completes evaluations of projects during and after grand openings and provide COEs or recommendations for continuous improvements for the Supercenter Template to ensure a library of drawing options are available.
Ability to read CAD/revit drawings to ensure drawings are reviewed for any design anomalies during project review meetings and with team.
7. Ability to engage and motivate direct reports to utilize Revit and CAD to draw remodels and projects with high standards. Conveys a sense of urgency in ways that motivate others to complete responsibilities and achieve goals. Accountable for teaching team about Walmart merchandising, understanding operations, learning analytics, and drawing with accuracy and speed. Help to project manage team workload with shifting store priorities and ensuring quality checks are in place to reduce downstream drawing opportunities. Recognizes and rewards team accomplishments, celebrating team and organizational success.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 6- 8 years Experience
- Proficient with Revit and AutoCAD
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Age – 16 or older
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.
Primary Location…1940 ARGENTIA RD, MISSISSAUGA, ON L5N 1P9, Canada