(CAN) Senior Manager, Merchandise Analytics
Position Summary...Lead Data Science and Analytics initiatives for Merchandising to drive improvement in key business performance metrics. This involves delivering sophisticated and scalable analytical insights and solutions that leverage Big Data to drive positive business impact.
What you'll do...
1. Responsible for identifying/building merchandising-focused decision support solutions that leverage advanced mathematical and economic models, and algorithms.
2. Identify and solve data and science related bottle necks, making trade-off decision, balancing business priorities in alignment with leadership.
3. Collaborate cross functionally with teams across technology, operations, and supply chain.
4. Thought partner with business partners to drive the adoption of solutions and insights, to ensure the delivery of business results.
5. Work closely with technology to drive and deliver tech roadmap.
6. Coach and develop Data Science talent to build a strong data science center of excellence.
- Bachelors/Master’s in engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research or related field, with focus on Business Management
- 8+ years of experience working in analytics or data-science function. Background in software engineering is a plus.
- Extensive experience with SQL, R, Python
- Excellent analytical and data interpretation skills with natural curiosity and strong attention to detail.
- Strong ability to work cross-functionally, effectively gathering or giving feedback
- Strong Oral and Written communicator, able to convey complex ideas in simple terms
- Expert at data and model management
- Expert at problem-solving, with ability to handle ambiguous and open-ended problems, without compromising solution quality
- Strong at preparing presentation content for diverse audience groups
- Extensive experience in building Financial Models and ROI Analyses,
- Extensive experience in building Logic/ML-based Predictive Models, and Optimization Models
- Strong in scalable data manipulation technologies such as Spark, Hadoop, Cuda
- Expert in advanced decision-making techniques using Regression/Classification Machine Learning deployed at scale
- Ability to coach and mentor data scientists
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Age - 16 or older
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.
Primary Location…1940 ARGENTIA RD, MISSISSAUGA, ON L5N 1P9, Canada