(CAN) Senior Manager, Enterprise Transformation
Position Summary...Reporting to the Sr. Director, Enterprise Transformation, this role (Senior Manager, Enterprise Transformation) sits within Walmart Canada’s (WMC) Corporate Program Management Office, partnering with our Executive teams in setting & driving the strategic agenda for profitable growth for WMC. This role involves collaborating with leaders across the entire organization to drive the corporate transformation program and top-priority strategic projects – including but not limited to – ongoing management of the active program and strategic backlog. In addition, this role ensures all priorities in the strategic roadmap are well designed and governed to achieve desired performance against WMC’s strategic objectives. This role is an agent of the Office of the President, and as such, must uphold a level of strong internal influence and no functional-related bias to ensure optimal delivery for WMC overall. This is a high-visibility role that requires exceptional stakeholder engagement and critical thinking skills; there are significant independent responsibilities and excellent prospects for career growth.
What you'll do...
-Support program management of the long-range strategic roadmap & planning process as well as corporate governance approach
- Partner with senior leaders to ensure the most critical initiatives are prioritized and resourced for success to deliver on our enterprise strategic aspirations (incl. taking on a position of ‘activist’ project support at times)
- Collaborate with several active project teams to ensure work is designed and executed to deliver on Objectives and Key Results targets (incl. detailed performance monitoring/tracking against milestones, deliverables, decision points, key metrics and customer outcomes, capex/opex budget expenditure, etc.)
- Ensure a best-in-class process & governance is followed by the organization to achieve desired outcomes from projects; identify & escalate issues as needed
- Develop a deep understanding of active/backlog sprints and longer-term efforts in the transformation roadmap, to help executive leadership and project teams manage key interdependencies, risks, sequencing, staffing, budgeting and other major program trade-offs
- Take on ownership of select workstreams in active strategic ‘project’ or ‘program’ sprints, where needed
-Support the case for change through compelling collateral
- Build new program management tools for the transformation (performance, monitoring/tracking, decision making, visualization/analytics, collaborative/agile tools)
- Build client-ready, compelling content for senior executive steering sessions related to our strategic transformation milestones
- -Facilitate, coach & help elevate the quality/rigor of strategic project team outputs, to enhance recommendations and executive leadership team decision making
-Be a transformation ambassador and drive adoption and implementation of new ways of working
- Support capability building initiatives / curricula in areas such as lean, agile, digital transformation, etc.
- Support culture building and role modeling for the transformation office to cascade through the organization
- Maintain a deep understanding of the overall enterprise strategic aspiration and build a thought-leadership reputation
- Be a go-to resource for senior leaders on topics such as retail transformation, new ways of working, etc.
- -From time-to-time, utilize market research and analytics-based insights to inform opportunities and risks for the organization, through internal and/or external sources
- Exceptional PPT, storytelling, and communication skills (incl. facilitation in remote/virtual models)
- Experience building & validating compelling (XLS) models and business cases
- Experience building compelling, user-friendly transformation tools (Power BI / Tableau or equiv. visual analytics / dashboards; MS Teams sites; Jira / agile / collaborative team boards, etc.)
- Experience managing large-scale strategic program elements (interdependency models; risk registers; detailed OKR/metric tracking; detailed capex/opex tracking, etc.)
- Experience driving adoption of digital/virtual ways of working in large-scale organizations
- Ability to quickly build credibility and influence senior stakeholders
- Ability to articulate simple messages and develop actionable hypotheses – by distilling complex issues and data
- Knowledge of Canadian/International retail and adjacent sectors
Personality and Work Ethic
- Independent self-starter; owner’s / servant leader’s mindset
- Thrives in a fast-moving environment, with high tolerance for change and ability to adapt
- Passionate about the ongoing transformations unfolding in domestic and global retail sector
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative discipline (Statistics, Operational Research, Economics, Finance, Business, Engineering, Technology, or related fields); MBA preferred
Years of Experience: 5 - 7 years; ideally at top-tier consulting firm; previous corporate transformation / retail / eComm / analytics experience considered an asset
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Age - 16 or older
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.
Primary Location…1940 ARGENITA RD, MISSISSAUGA, ON L5N 1P9, Canada