(CAN) Senior Analyst, Finance - Corporate FP&A
Position Summary...The Senior Financial Analyst, Merchandise Finance will optimize the financial performance and investment return of business unit(s) lead by Sr Directors/VPs. Manage business performance, identify risks/opportunities, and recommend corrective action to ensure financial goals are met. The position will additionally provide increased management oversight on larger finance portfolio’s and will act as key support for the senior manager and therefore be delegated more complex and/or lead multi-business unit finance projects/ processes.
What you'll do...
• Support the development of annual budgets by aligning targets with key business partner and then partnering with their organizations to set departmental targets based on market dynamics, historical performance, and any known capital and/or expense investments.
• Manage performance and hold the business teams accountable to delivery of Omni P&L results through the cadence of the weekly, monthly forecast and business review process.
• Proactively analyze key trends, identify risks and opportunities and support the business teams’ delivery against financial targets.
• Create, distribute and present standard management reports that provide clear and synthesized understanding of financial performance by channel.
• Partner with other Finance and Accounting teams to ensure overall accuracy of Financial data.
• Identify opportunities to improve process and systems and implement standardized solutions across area of responsibility and other areas within finance which includes Operations, Supply chain, Real Estate, etc.
• Support development of business case (aligned with methodology from Investment Finance team) for all initiatives that support business area strategies and prioritize Capex and Opex investment recommendations. In addition, will take on project communication and presentations to both finance and business leadership teams.
• Support multi business unit process initiative(s) to drive efficiency and simplify Omni ways of working.
• Support direct Manager with onboarding and ongoing training of new financial analyses and methodologies.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3-5 year experience
- MBA or CPA - CMA/CA/CGA Preferred
- Solid communication skills, can articulate the issues and challenges
- Solid financial / business acumen
- Solid critical, problem solving skills
- Exceptional PC skills (MS Excel, Access, PowerPoint, SAP BI, OneStream, Essbase)
- Self-starter, able to work autonomously
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to multi task
- Team player
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Age - 16 or older
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.
Primary Location…1940 ARGENTIA RD, MISSISSAUGA, ON L5N 1P9, Canada