(CAN) Project Manager, Operations Planning and Execution
Position Summary...The Project Manager, Operations Planning and Execution, will drive many of the key priorities of our Operations through clear governance process. The Project Manager will play a dual role on behalf of Operations, in some cases he/she will manage our key projects directly, and in other cases he/she will play a PMO / Governance role that ensures our projects get completed on time & within scope and budget by other members of the team.
This unique role will require an associate that can drive business results through collaboration, strategic thought leadership, business acumen, and influence at the Sr Operations Leadership level and across internal and external stakeholders across our business.
Projects led by this incumbent span across Operations and require strong capability to navigate our complex organization. Execution of these initiatives will have significant impact on our Operations strategic plans in both short and long term. Projects will be complex in nature and require seasoned Project Management capabilities.
What you'll do...
1. Drive the execution of a critical Project(s) by identifying customer and operational needs, developing and communicating business plans and priorities, building and maintaining a detailed task-based project plan, removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance, identifying performance standards, measuring progress, adjusting performance accordingly, and developing contingency plans.
2. Define & assist in building project charters and objectives for key projects/initiatives. Utilize standard processes, tools and templates that currently exist in their “toolbox” to driver deliverables, manage and control systems and process change (project scope, project plan, integrated milestone plan, change control, implementation plan project closure, etc.).
3. Report out status of project to our Operations Leadership team during our monthly Operations Strategy & Planning meeting.
4. PMO Development & Execution - Build and develop, with assistance from the Director Strategy and Planning a light PMO governance process to ensure our key projects / initiatives are executed effectively, and our leadership team is held accountable for delivery.
5. Forecast, track and report key metrics for our portfolio of projects and track overall Program status, risks, barriers and benefits to SR Executives on a monthly basis through our Monthly Strategy & Operations Governance meetings. Accurately estimate future project results/deliverables and revise plans as appropriate. Document and report on close-out results.
6. Work with other members of the Operations team that are Managing Projects to ensure consistent high-quality project plans and budgets, and benefit tracking, secure the necessary approvals with all relevant stakeholders and oversee the execution of the project implementation, communication and change management strategies, across entire program.
7. Where required, educate teams and individual project team members of the benefits for consistent tool and template use. Drive governance and the necessary cadence of accountability across all assigned projects and ensures project plan quality through validation, rigor testing and progress reviews.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Age - 16 or older
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.
Primary Location…1940 ARGENTIA RD, MISSISSAUGA, ON L5N 1P9, Canada