(CAN) Planner, Merchandise Space Excellence
Position Summary...The Space Excellence Planner is responsible for the analysis, optimized build, reporting and assignment of cluster-specific strategies that drive sales through impactful, timely, and executable category floor plans and planograms. The Space Excellence Space Planner leads Category Managers, Directors, Category Advisors and other cross-functional partners through MRS, Format Development, or Project related category floor plan refreshes and planogram builds and assignments, ensuring timelines and standards are adhered to while continuing to evolve ways of working through optimized processes and documentation.
What you'll do...
1. Responsible and accountable for supporting MRS, Format Development, or Project related planograms and category floor plan refreshes (when required). Builds a strong collaborative relationship with Merchandise Sr Directors & Category Managers to identify space optimization opportunities that ensure stores receive the best possible assortment and space configuration to allow profitable sales and efficient store operations through space excellence standards and targets. Supports project meetings to share process timelines and space excellence metrics, category nuances and opportunities, and risks/obstacles in creation/modification of planograms and category floor plans.
2. Responsible and accountable for the maintenance of an accurate planogram and category floor plan for their respective area, including item dimensions and images, fixture dimensions and type, item location and capacities, planogram and category space and location, and mod-floorplan-store assignments.
3. Provides category space and planogram insights, standards, measures, and expectations during end-to-end process to ensure successful planogram and category floor plan (when required) execution. Completes timely corrections of all floor plan and planogram drawings stemming from centralized quality control reviews, to ensure they comply with Merchandising planogram and category floor plan standards.
4. Communicates and produces outputs that reflect strong business acumen and capacity to manage multiple priorities. Draws insights from data and translates into action, with an ability to negotiate and influence decisions.
5. Collaborates with stores to resolve inquiries in timely and professional manner, including corrections to floor plans and planograms when required.
6. Maintains working knowledge of market, category, brand, and consumer trends in order to provide insights during planogram and floor plan build process.
7. Actively engages in process improvement to identify and action enhancements to Space Excellence efficiency, quality, and cross-functional ways of working.
- Completed post-secondary education; college certificate or diploma
- 1-2 years related work experience
- JDA Floor Plan and Space Planning experience and expertise
- Strong analytical & business acumen
- Ability to effectively communicate, negotiate, and influence
- Strong team player
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and adapt accordingly
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Age – 16 or older
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.
Primary Location…1940 ARGENTIA RD, MISSISSAUGA, ON L5N 1P9, Canada