(CAN) Manager, Strategic Sourcing
Position Summary...The Manager, Strategic Sourcing, is responsible for executing the Strategic Sourcing process for various indirect spend categories including but not limited to Logistics/Transportation, Technology, Construction/FM/Equipment, Operations, Corporate Services, Marketing and other areas to be identified to leverage the scale of Walmart Canada’s spend. This position supports all team members including Associate Managers, SR Managers, Director and SR Director.
What you'll do...
1. Demonstrate persuasive leadership skills in influencing stakeholders and Business Units to follow Walmart Canada’s Strategic Sourcing policies to allow for competitive market tenders and cost containment, while ensuring that the initiatives are timely executed.
2. Collaborate with cross functional management teams to identify and develop the Road Map of key strategic initiatives over the next 2-3 years by developing comprehensive category strategies. Conduct category/sub-category analysis to develop opportunities from sourcing, demand management, and supplier collaboration efforts. Engage with WM International Markets and US to align on category strategy.
3. Monitor marketplace to provide insights on category spend and savings opportunities based on rigorous data analysis, industry benchmarks and experience. Work with other Strategic Sourcing teams and business unit leads to deliver committed capital and expense savings.
4. Implement the corporate Strategic Sourcing and category management process using BuyIt Sourcing tool: Project Identification, Baselines/Financial Target Demand Management, Sourcing Strategy, RFx Process, e-Auction Process, Quantitative / Qualitative Analysis, Total-Cost-of-Ownership Analysis, Negotiation, and Contract Support. Develop and maintain a process by which vendors are evaluated and selected in accordance with established guidelines and best practices (RFI/RFP, Cross Functional Evaluation Team, Scorecards, and Performance Metrics). Manage the sourcing gating process for alignment with key stakeholders.
5. Conduct complex analyses in support of external supplier negotiations; create supporting materials for the team’s negotiation preparation (key messages, BATNA, fact-based levers, marketplace trends, etc.). Research industry benchmarks in contract to existing practices to find opportunities for improvement (pricing, quality, product changes, service levels, and trends).
6. Support contract negotiations and facilitate creation of business terms and Service Level Agreements. Participate in strategic business reviews as part of the Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) process. Support identification of new savings and sourcing pipeline opportunities through the SRM process.
7. Complete ongoing performance tracking methods of strategic initiatives, measuring effectiveness against KPIs and compliance while providing regular reporting to team lead and stakeholders.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor's Degree/ MBA
- 5-7 Years Experience
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Age - 16 or older
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.
Primary Location…1940 ARGENTIA RD, MISSISSAUGA, ON L5N 1P9, Canada