(CAN) Manager, Product - Private Brands
Position Summary...Reporting to the Director, Private Brands Product Management, the Product Manager (PM) will own the private brand growth strategy in their respective categories in Food, Consumables, and Health & Beauty. This customer obsessed role will understand both market environments and Walmart coupling with a wide range of data to identify growth opportunities to win in market share, sales, and profitability.
What you'll do...
1. Thought Leadership: Extensive emphasis on identifying and developing private brand business in both new growth opportunities and line extensions. Ability to draw logical conclusions from multiple sets of competing data to understand the market and implement strategic levers to drive sustainable growth.
2. Strategy: Strategically identify, set, and develop PB growth opportunities that align with enterprise and merchandising category strategies to provide decision support to the merchants, including delivery of clear product strategies that drive customer conversion and help enable overall category growth.
3. Bias for Action: Ability to provide clear recommendations on product activation plans, commercial plans, and growth initiatives support the merchants that promotes market uptake of new products to facilitate trial-conversion-and-loyalty.
4. Deliver Financials: Exceptional financial acumen to build annual operating plans balancing different levers to grow the Private Brands business including innovation and GP play to maximize capacity. Manage operating plans in partnership with Product Launch Managers to make appropriate trade-offs with unplanned sourcing to balance growth and profitability.
5. Product Lifecycle: Effectively manage product lifecycle on in-market to maximize performance and clearly recommend end-of-life exit if obsolete to maximize SKU productivity in store and online.
6. Category Roles: Establish and maintain role of Private Brands in each category to drive customer loyalty and conversion. Clearly define where to play and where not to play and act as change agent to evolving merchant organization and behaviour towards Private Brands.
7. Activation: Build and execute activation plans to grow PB business that outlines clear return on investments. Provide decision support to merchants by going deep to understand PB P&L and derive clear action plans that improve performance from all channels.
Minimum Education Required: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience Required: 3-5 Years
Need excellent influencing skills as the Product Manager interacts with vendors and Category Managers to build successful private label programs within overall category.
MBA is an asset.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Age - 16 or older
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.
Primary Location…1940 ARGENTIA RD, MISSISSAUGA, ON L5N 1P9, Canada