(CAN) Manager, Communications (Logistics) - 1 year contract
Position Summary...Reporting to the Vice President, Human Resources and Communications, will partner with divisional business partners to develop, deliver and measure communications that support Walmart Canada’s internal communications strategy. This position will also partner with other communication functions as well as associates at all levels (hourly to executive) throughout the business while managing communication channels, supporting content development and project managing a variety of internal communications.
What you'll do...
1. Act as communications lead for Logistics and Fleet division, including:
Leading the execution of YBM (planning, executive messaging, event logistics) for the Logistics and Fleet team, as well as bi-weekly townhall meetings at SSC and quarterly townhall presentations across the division.
Leading content development and design of Logistics and Fleet quarterly newsletter (Odometer).
2. Key Project Initiatives: Partner with cross-functional teams for various enterprise and business unit specific projects, providing internal communication advice and counsel, or developing and implementing communication / change plans that deliver a consistent message and tone and achieve program objectives (e.g. Associate Value Proposition communications, Workday launch, etc.). This could include design and delivery of visual campaigns and branding (Safety campaign, This is That Place etc.).
3. Enterprise Communications Infrastructure: Champion and partner with the Internal Communications team and other partners to put in place & maintain internal enterprise communication channels (including internal social media, TVs, events, etc.). Review channel effectiveness and work vendors to improve core channels as needed (e.g. special projects, photographers, videographers, designers, communication agencies etc.
4. Advice and Counsel: Guide and support peers and leaders to solve People & Enterprise communication challenges while ensuring overall consistency of strategic direction, positioning and messaging.
5. Measurement: As deemed effective and appropriate conduct regular reviews of communication programs and channels to ensure activities deliver on objectives. Refine programs as needed to ensure they remain effective. Stay active on latest trends and best practices identifying opportunities.
6. Crisis & Issue Management: act as Internal Communications back-up for crisis communication needs as they arise.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Age - 16 or older
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.
Primary Location…1940 ARGENITA RD, MISSISSAUGA, ON L5N 1P9, Canada