(CAN) Manager, Category - Chemicals
Position Summary...The Category Manager designs, develops, and executes strategies for medium-complexity categories, as determined by established sales, qualitative, and quantitative criteria, in partnership with cross-functional specialist teams that achieve profit and loss deliverables and sell the products customers want at unbeatable prices.
What you'll do...
1. Accountable for all aspects of merchandise profit and loss management and category financial results relating to specific categories including short-term and long-term planning, as well as proactive/reactive management to ensure forecasts, sales, markdowns, co-op collection, market share growth, gross profit and inventory targets/budgets and pricing are met or exceeded. Communicates/reports results to appropriate cross-functional partners. Review post-buy financial analysis and identify Record of Results for review with cross-functional partners.
2. Develop category strategies that align with the merchant framework and portfolio strategies/financials through the use and review of multiple data sources. Conduct item level assortment analysis and determine assortment decisions, including coverage of needs analysis for priority sub-categories, vendor optimization, SKU optimization, price ladders, private label/brand strategy and development. Visit stores (both Walmart and competitors) to build category strategy and price ladders for priority sub-categories. Proactively communicate strategies to leadership and their respective cross-functional teams to allow for appropriate planning and execution.
3. Initiate, negotiate and manage vendor agreements, costs, vendor allowances/terms, quality, and delivery terms in order to drive supplier performance. Develop and maintain vendor relationships, both domestic and overseas.
4. Responsible for all aspects of marketing for the category (including online). Tab space planning based on historical analysis of results. Working with vendors as well as internal partners responsible for Item level planning, selection, placement forecasting and execution for tabs, and all other media. Responsible for proofing of final tabs or other media for accuracy as well as exit strategies for any tab inventory residue.
5. Accountable for new item and promotional forecasts. Identify item deletes, manage and communicate markdowns/markups/price adjustments and develop exit strategies to ensure adjustments can and will be made as necessary.
6. Prepare and lead all line reviews and deliver store ready modulars and seasonal sets on time. Complete promotional planning activities. Conduct modular walk throughs with senior management from cross-functional areas to receive sign off. Create store communication to ensure flawless execution at store level.
7. Attend trade shows and buying trips in order to identify new vendors, enhance innovation and product categories that will influence item assortment, new item creation, pricing, and align to the corporate strategy (i.e. Canada and USA).
8. Provide coaching, and direction to Category Team Analyst and/or Associate Category Managers and/or Category Advisors (vendor). Mentor other merchants as required.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Age - 16 or older
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.
Primary Location…1940 ARGENTIA RD, MISSISSAUGA, ON L5N 1P9, Canada