(CAN) Maintenance Associate- Custodial
Position Summary...The role of the Custodian is to ensure the assigned facility is maintained in a healthy, safe, and sanitary way in a timely manner. The Custodian will carry out routine building cleaning, regularly scheduled maintenance, and will follow inspection procedures to ensure cleaning and custodial work is completed on a daily basis in accordance with established standards and requirements. The Custodian will follow WHMIS safety standards and Workplace Health & Safety policies, practices and procedures and escalate any custodial, maintenance and/or safety issues to the Maintenance Manager.
What you'll do...
• Safely and correctly performs facility upkeep activities (e.g. cleaning, toilets, cafeteria, offices, maintain internal/external areas of the facility) in a timely and effective manner
• Follows regularly scheduled deep cleaning and maintenance, and prepares reports as required
• Ensures the facility upkeep equipment is in proper working order, and supplies are organized and stocked
• Mixes chemicals used for equipment and cleaning in accordance with WHMIS requirements, and follows safety practices when dealing with chemicals and hazardous products
• Finds and uses the right resources (people, products, tools) at the right time in order to resolve concerns and requests
• Uses policies, procedures, and/or guidelines to make good choices. Recognizes a problem and informs those who can correct it
• Accepts responsibility and meets expectations for own work. Identifies steps needed in order to carry out work as required. Works on top priorities first to meet deadlines. Ensures work is completed correctly, and makes a consistent effort to get results
• Exhibits integrity and ethical behavior in all work situations
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Age - 18 or older
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.
Primary Location…1501 INDUSTRIAL PK DR, CORNWALL, ON K6H 7M4, Canada