(CAN) Designer, Home
Position Summary...The Designer manages the execution of concepts through development of modular and seasonal product assortments. This position manages agreed critical path milestones with market supply base and Category Managers to ensure all product deadlines are met. Identify leverage opportunities by collaborating with Walmart UK, Walmart US and Global Sourcing.
What you'll do...
1. Deliver and support Brand Financial performance, ensuring strategic fit of Brand sub-segment with the overall Brand Vision of the Division. Identify product opportunities while optimizing margin, quality, styling and price.
2. Through global and local market shop, competitive analysis, and trend assessment develop specific Division Category strategic plan. Interpret seasonal colour and trend for product sub-segment.
3. Convert strategic plan to reality, through development and presentation of seasonal support documents, commodity line boards, seasonal briefing and market research reports. Design, develop and produce seasonal and special event lines per year.
4. Ensure assortment will meet customer needs/wants and fits with overall brand vision/concept to meet the needs of the business.
5. Create and manage trend and product development direction packages for vendors. Manage vendor development proposals based on the needs of the business. Follow critical path calendar to manage the product development process from end to end.
6. Collaborate with Category Managers and Global Sourcing to negotiate and place programs with vendors, ensuring critical product requirements, including styling, quality and value, meet brand strategy and financial targets.
7. Utilize vendor matrix, assess current vendor performance, leverage Global vendor partners, Walmart US, and Asda where applicable and identify new vendor opportunities.
- University Degree/College Certificate or Diploma in Fashion or Merchandising
- 6-8 years' related experience (Home/Textile experience preferred)
- Ability to identify and interpret trends & execute at a commercial level
- Design direction, creation, and evaluation capabilities as well as solve for design issues
- Working knowledge of product development process; factory production, timelines and approval process (Domestic and Import)
- Strong communication; verbal, written and presentation skills
- Adept knowledge of fabrics/materials, finishes and techniques
- Proficient knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Knowledge of packaging and quality testing standards
- Able to travel on business as needed (post-covid)
- Project Management and Private Brand development, as an asset
- Market knowledge and ability to maintain an awareness of current design trends and influences
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.Age - 16 or older
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.
Primary Location…1940 ARGENTIA RD, MISSISSAUGA, ON L5N 1P9, Canada