Associate Manager, Transportation Innovation
Store Location: Argentia & Mississauga Rd. (Corporate/Home Office)
Time Type: Full Time
Walmart Canada operates a growing chain of more than 410 stores nationwide serving more than 1.2 million customers each day. Walmart Canada’s flagship online store, www.walmart.ca, is visited by 750,000 customers daily. With more than 85,000 associates, Walmart Canada is one of Canada’s largest employers and is ranked one of the country’s top 10 most influential brands. Walmart Canada’s extensive philanthropy program is focused on supporting Canadian families in need, and since 1994 Walmart has donated and raised more than $300 million to Canadian charities. Additional information can be found at www.walmartcanada.ca, www.facebook.com/walmartcanada and at twitter.com/@walmartcanada
The Transportation Innovation & Planning Associate Manager position reporting to the Manager, Transportation Innovation and Planning is responsible for communicating and leading Transportation strategic initiatives, optimizing Transportation and DC interactions, contributing to the evaluation of business strategies that will enhance the company’s profitability.
- Project management of strategic / tactical initiatives in collaboration with Walmart Canada domestic and overseas transportation partners. Develop benchmarking and best practice initiatives that sets direction for Transportation optimization objectives
- Analyze various operational performance enhancements. Ensuring best practice transfer and corrections of errors are implemented. Analyze and make recommendations between Walmart US Private fleet and Walmart Canada Transportation network. Develop transportation innovation costing and assessment. Assist in reducing lead time. Analyze volume from each channel and optimal mode optimization - FTL, LTL, multi drop, temp zones, rail, road, ocean; leveraging consolidation networks.
- Deliver analysis and execution of $10 million in cost saving initiatives on a budget of $500 million
- An active / attentive industry actor for the development of the technology related to energy, environment, safety, quality, performance, real time visibility, mobile communication, systems and transportation innovation e.g. trailer (dry, reefer, multi-temperature regimes,…), tractors, engines,…Grow and share knowledge surrounding environmental sustainability initiatives.
- Improve management of dedicated fleet through the creation and optimization of fleet operating procedures. Creation of key performance indicators and facilitate continuous improvement.
- Build and foster relationships at all levels of management with Walmart Canada, with counterparts at Walmart International, Walmart US, Industry leaders, Academic personnel, Carriers and OC.
- Financial & analytical accountability - provide detailed analysis of project impacts, costs and validation parameters
Canada Walmart Division: Corporate
- Minimum Education Required:Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum Years of Experience Required: 3-5 years