Associate Manager, Strategic Sourcing
Argentia & Mississauga Rd. (Corporate/Home Office)
Walmart Canada operates a growing chain of more than 410 stores nationwide serving more than 1.2 million customers each day. Walmart Canada’s flagship online store, www.walmart.ca, is visited by 750,000 customers daily. With more than 85,000 associates, Walmart Canada is one of Canada’s largest employers and is ranked one of the country’s top 10 most influential brands. Walmart Canada’s extensive philanthropy program is focused on supporting Canadian families in need, and since 1994 Walmart has donated and raised more than $300 million to Canadian charities. Additional information can be found at www.walmartcanada.ca, www.facebook.com/walmartcanada and at twitter.com/@walmartcanada
The Associate Manager, Strategic Sourcing, is responsible for executing the Strategic Sourcing process for various indirect spend categories including but not limited to Marketing, Shared Services, Financial Services and other areas to be identified to leverage the scale of Walmart Canada’s spend. This position supports all team members including Managers, Senior Managers, Director and Senior Director.
- Demonstrate persuasive leadership skills in influencing stakeholders and Business Units to follow Walmart Canada’s Strategic Sourcing policies in order to allow for competitive market tenders and cost containment, while ensuring that the initiatives are timely executed.
- Collaborate with cross functional management teams to identify and develop the Road Map of key strategic initiatives over the next 3 years. Conduct category/sub-category analysis to develop opportunities from sourcing, demand management, and supplier collaboration efforts.
- Monitor market place to provide insights on category spend and savings opportunities based on rigorous data analysis, industry benchmarks and experience. Work with other procurement category teams and business unit leads to deliver committed capital and expense savings.
- Implement the corporate Strategic Sourcing process: Project Identification, Baselines/Financial Target/Budget Adjustment, RFx Process, Quantitative / Qualitative Analysis, Total-Cost-of-Ownership Analysis, Negotiation, and Contract Support. Develop and maintain a process by which vendors are evaluated and selected in accordance with established guidelines and best practices (RFI/RFP, Cross Functional Evaluation Team, Scorecards, Performance Metrics).
- Conduct complex analyses in support of external supplier negotiations; create supporting materials for the team’s negotiation preparation (key messages, BATNA, fact based levers, market place trends, etc.). Research industry benchmarks in contract to existing practices to find opportunities for improvement (pricing, quality, product changes, service levels, and trends).
- Support contract negotiations and facilitate creation of business terms and Service Level Agreements.
- Complete ongoing performance tracking methods of strategic initiatives, measuring effectiveness against KPIs and compliance while providing regular reporting to team lead and stakeholders.
Canada Walmart Division
- Experienced negotiator, ability to develop qualitative and quantitative analysis and develop strategic procurement processes to enable internal stakeholders to maximize Total Cost of Ownership.
- Minimum Education Required: Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum Years of Experience Required: 3-5 years
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.