Associate Manager, Gift Cards
Argentia & Mississauga Rd. (Corporate/Home Office)
Walmart Canada operates a growing chain of more than 410 stores nationwide serving more than 1.2 million customers each day. Walmart Canada’s flagship online store, www.walmart.ca, is visited by 750,000 customers daily. With more than 85,000 associates, Walmart Canada is one of Canada’s largest employers and is ranked one of the country’s top 10 most influential brands. Walmart Canada’s extensive philanthropy program is focused on supporting Canadian families in need, and since 1994 Walmart has donated and raised more than $300 million to Canadian charities. Additional information can be found at www.walmartcanada.ca, www.facebook.com/walmartcanada and at twitter.com/@walmartcanada
The Assistant Categoty Manager, Gift Cards, under the direction of the Senior Manager Gift Cards & Digital Wallets, manages the day to day functions associated with all aspects of the Walmart gift card program. He/She provides insight, guidance and expertise to the business and supports the Senior Manager, Gift Cards & Digital Wallets on all matters or initiatives.
- Aid in the development and monitoring of processes, and execution of all gift card programs (Field, B2B, B2C) for digital and physical cards.
- Manage inventory allocation and fulfillment of gift cards to the field, ensuring in stock position at all times with focus on understanding seasonal influences.
- Develop and maintain planograms to aid the field in ensuring gift cards are displayed consistently across all stores maximizing sales and profit while also ensuring in-stock position.
- Create and maintain a library of gift card creative and associated sales to understand how creative influences sales.
- Ability to analyze, and deliver reporting of results in a timely manner and include: sales, breakage, lift etc by channel.
- Create and manage processes for gift card creative requests including; quantities, languages, occasion, timing, and approval from all required parties (Marketing, VP Special Projects, Operations)
- Assist in the ongoing review of industry trends, initiatives and how competitors are enhancing their programs for both in-store and digital
- Develop long lasting relationships with all gift card partners (First Data, Card printer, Warehouse, 3rd party partners, Digital partners, etc…)
- Ensure that all activities connected with the Walmart Gift Card Program abide by all applicable Compliance and legal obligations.
Canada Walmart Division
- Minimum Education Required: High School
- Minimum Years of Relevant Experience: 3 - 5 years
Licensing & Other Qualifications
- ACAMS and/or CIPP/C certification valuable, but not required
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.