Associate Manager, Finance-eCommerce
Store Location: Argentia & Mississauga Rd. (Corporate/Home Office)
Time Type: Full Time
Walmart Canada operates a growing chain of more than 410 stores nationwide serving more than 1.2 million customers each day. Walmart Canada’s flagship online store, www.walmart.ca, is visited by 750,000 customers daily. With more than 85,000 associates, Walmart Canada is one of Canada’s largest employers and is ranked one of the country’s top 10 most influential brands. Walmart Canada’s extensive philanthropy program is focused on supporting Canadian families in need, and since 1994 Walmart has donated and raised more than $300 million to Canadian charities. Additional information can be found at www.walmartcanada.ca, www.facebook.com/walmartcanada and at twitter.com/@walmartcanada
Optimize the financial performance and investment return of business unit(s) lead by Sr Directors/VPs. Manage business performance, identify risks/opportunities and recommend corrective action to ensure financial goals are met. The position will additionally provide increased management oversight on larger finance portfolio’s and will act as key support for the senior manager and therefore be delegated more complex and/or lead multi-business unit finance projects/ processes.
- Master the development of annual budgets by aligning targets with lead business partner and then partnering with their organizations to set departmental targets based on market dynamics, historical performance, and any known capital and/or expense investments. Partner with these teams to prioritize spend and capital investments against their strategic objectives and ensure that they deliver against their sales, leverage, and investment return goals.
- Master managing performance and hold the business teams accountable to delivery of P&L results through the cadence of the monthly forecast and business review process. Proactively analyze key trends, identify risks and opportunities, and recommend plans and contingencies to support the business teams’ delivery against annual financial targets.
- Master allocating the 3 year plans by aligning targets with lead business partner using a consistent framework. Partner with the business to develop and implement operational building blocks to deliver against the long term goals. Influence the business on enablers required to deliver against the goals and proactively partner on identifying alternatives based on known risks or gaps.
- Create and distribute and present standard management reports that provide clear and synthesized understanding of financial performance. Prepare and present adhoc analytics in support of functional and strategic projects.
- Identify opportunities to improve process and systems and implement standardized solutions across area of responsibility and other areas within finance which includes supply chain, merchandise etc.
- Develop business case drivers (aligned with methodology from Property Finance team) for all initiatives that support business area strategies and prioritize Capex and Opex investment recommendations.
- Lead multi business unit project(s) or process initiative(s). Responsible for full business case development or process redesign, stakeholder management, and overall financial project monitoring and governance. In addition, will take on project communication and presentations to both finance and business leadership teams.
- Coach and develop group of indirect reports (project team SFAs, FADP rotation, or DARE rotation). Also support Sr. Manager with onboarding and ongoing training of SFAs on new financial analyses and methodologies.
- Drive associate engagement by valuing associates, listening and responding to concerns and recognizing accomplishments especially in the team the associate leads within its projects
Canada Walmart Division: Corporate
- Strong interpersonal & presentation skills
- Result oriented and critical thinking – high sense of ownership
- Strong organization skills, able to meet conflicting deadlines
- Proficient to advance level: SAP, Essbase, PowerPoint
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 2 years of experience required
Licensing & Other Qualifications
- Working towards CPA or MBA