Associate Manager, Finance
Argentia & Mississauga Rd. (Corporate/Home Office)
Walmart Canada operates a growing chain of more than 410 stores nationwide serving more than 1.2 million customers each day. Walmart Canada’s flagship online store, www.walmart.ca, is visited by 750,000 customers daily. With more than 85,000 associates, Walmart Canada is one of Canada’s largest employers and is ranked one of the country’s top 10 most influential brands. Walmart Canada’s extensive philanthropy program is focused on supporting Canadian families in need, and since 1994 Walmart has donated and raised more than $300 million to Canadian charities. Additional information can be found at www.walmartcanada.ca, www.facebook.com/walmartcanada and at twitter.com/@walmartcanada
The Associate Finance Manager will act as the key support to the Sr. Manager and subsequently, be delegated more complex finance initiatives and/or lead more strategic enterprise or multi-business unit finance projects or processes.
- Supports long term strategic planning process and manage SG &A annual budgeting process with associated tools
- Works with the Manager and development partners in Canada and the US to help build and successfully deploy expanded ‘Smart Spend’ capabilities including the re-engineering of the AOP process and associated tools and/or the creation of new Spend Visibility capabilities. (Currently a global priority initiative for Walmart)
- Works with the manager and the corporate finance team to ensure all commercial finance requirements are considered in building the budgeting tool
- Collaborates with other commercial finance associates on the smart spend and budgeting tool implementation
- Works with the manager to deliver on core FP&A responsibilities and bridges the current state with the future state finance operating model driven by new capability development from key Finance strategic priorities.
- Works with business partners to prioritize spend and capital allocation decisions against their strategic objectives and challenge the business partners to identify drivers and assumptions.
- Proactively analyzes key trends, identifies risks and opportunities, and recommends plans and contingencies to support the business teams’ delivery against long-mid and annual financial targets.
Canada Walmart Division
- Structured mindset and ability to develop an end-to-end understanding of a problem
- Strong project management skills.
- Advanced user of Excel and PowerPoint. Previous experience with Essbase is an asset
- Strong financial analysis and modeling and modeling skills
- Strong Communication, interpersonal, presentation and problem solving skills.
- Broad interest in the retail industry is needed to understand business and strategic targets.
- Result-oriented and critical thinking – high sense of ownership
- Ability to influence and challenge respectfully.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize multiple critical initiatives and meet conflicting deadlines under stressful environment.
- Ability to be nimble and flexible in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Experience with performance culture, in a fast paced, dynamic environment and prior exposure to C-suite are a plus.
- 3-5 years of experience
- Finance oriented Bachelor’s Degree
Licensing & Other Qualifications
- CPA or CFA designation (or in progress) is strongly preferred.
- PMI certification an asset
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.