Associate Category Manager eCommerce 12 month contract
Req ID: 1373681BR
Location: Argentia & Mississauga Rd. (Corporate/Home Office)
Time Type: Full Time
Walmart Canada operates a growing chain of more than 410 stores nationwide serving more than 1.2 million customers each day. Walmart Canada’s flagship online store, www.walmart.ca, is visited by 750,000 customers daily. With more than 85,000 associates, Walmart Canada is one of Canada’s largest employers and is ranked one of the country’s top 10 most influential brands. Walmart Canada’s extensive philanthropy program is focused on supporting Canadian families in need, and since 1994 Walmart has donated and raised more than $300 million to Canadian charities. Additional information can be found at www.walmartcanada.ca, www.facebook.com/walmartcanada and at twitter.com/@walmartcanada
The Associate Mgr, Category designs, develops, and executes strategies for low-complexity categories, as determined by established sales, qualitative, and quantitative criteria, in partnership with cross-functional specialist teams that achieve profit and loss deliverables and sell the products customers want at unbeatable prices
- Accountable for all aspects of profit and loss management and category financial results relating to specific categories including short-term and long-term planning, as well as proactive/reactive management to ensure forecasts, sales, markdowns, coop collection, market share growth, gross profit and inventory targets/budgets and pricing are met or exceeded, as well as communicating/reporting results to appropriate cross functional partners. Review post-buy financial analysis and identify Record of Results for review with cross functional partners.
- Develop category, merchant and marketing strategies that align with the merchant framework and portfolio strategies/financials through the use and review of multiple data sources. Conduct item level assortment analysis and determine assortment decisions including coverage of needs analysis for priority sub-categories, vendor optimization, SKU optimization, price ladders, Private Label/Brand strategy and development (food/Consumables, Apparel and H & W), visiting stores (both Walmart and competitors) to build category strategy and price ladders for priority sub-categories. Proactively communicate those strategies to leadership and their respective cross functional teams in order allow for appropriate planning and execution for all teams.
- Initiate, negotiate, and manage vendor agreements, costs, vendor allowances/terms, quality, delivery terms in order to drive supplier performance. Develop and maintain vendor relationships both domestic and/or overseas.
- Outline Marketing programs to support a Marketing strategy such as item planning, selection, placement, execution for tabs and tab proofing. Recommend media outlet(s) to be used. Collaborate with Marketing and the site merchandising team to build the website promotional planning, aligned with corporate and ecommerce objectives.
- Accountable, in collaboration with Replenishment and Financial Planning, for new item and promotional forecasts, identify item deletes, manage and communicate markdowns/markups/ price adjustments and develop exit strategies to ensure adjustments can and will be made as necessary. Develop and/or recommend product flow plans to maximize availability at the lowest possible inventory levels.
- Prepare and lead all line reviews and deliver store ready modular and seasonal sets on time. Collaborate with cross functional partners to make timely, quality, informed decisions, and actions. Complete promotional planning activities. Conduct modular walk throughs with senior management from cross functional areas to receive sign off. Create store communication to ensure flawless execution at store level.
- Attend trade shows and buying trips in order to identify new vendors, enhance innovation and product categories that will influence item assortment, new item creation, pricing, and align to the corporate strategy (i.e. Canada and USA)
- Provide guidance to Category Team Analyst and/or Category Advisors (vendor).
- Act as an advocate for ecommerce and the growth potential to internal and external stakeholders; educating stakeholders on similarities & differences between the online channel and bricks & mortar
- Work with the Site Merchandise, Ecommerce merchandising operation, and product management teams to improve the online experience, path to purchase and conversion rates.
Canada Walmart Division
- Minimum Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum Years of Experience Required: 2 years’ experience in buying, financial planning, replenishment management, retail operations management, or related field OR 3 years’ experience in buying, financial planning, replenishment management, retail operations management, or related field
- Omniture a plus
- 2 years Profit and Loss (P&L) experience.
- 2 years’ experience negotiating (for example, cost, product quality, delivery terms) in a merchandising field.
- 2 years’ experience leading a cross-functional team.
- 1 year experience using intermediate Microsoft Office functionality (for example, Excel, Word, Outlook).
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.