Asset Protection Manager, Ontario (Market 19)
Time Type: Full Time
Walmart Canada operates a growing chain of 390 stores nationwide serving more than 1.2 million customers each day. Walmart Canada’s flagship online store, www.walmart.ca, is visited by 400,000 customers daily. With more than 95,000 associates, Walmart Canada is one of Canada’s largest employers and is ranked one of the country’s top 10 most influential brands. Walmart Canada’s extensive philanthropy program is focused on supporting Canadian families in need, and since 1994 Walmart has donated and raised more than $200 million to Canadian charities. Additional information can be found at walmartcanada.ca, facebook.com/walmartcanada and at twitter.com/@walmartcanada.
The Asset Protection Manager will be responsible for shoplifter detention program execution in retail stores to deter shoplifting and pro-theft activities. This role will also indirectly manage the In-Store Asset Protection Associates across multiple stores and/or markets. This will be completed while adhering to Walmart’s Core beliefs and values
- Responsible for sustaining an effective and productive In-Store Asset Protection Shoplifter Detention Program in retail locations. This includes participation in the recruitment, training and management of the In-Store Asset Protection associates.
- Manage the Security Guard Provincial Licensing requirements. This includes the validation of appropriate licensing based on regulatory requirements. This will also include the provincially required notification to regulatory bodies such as, the hiring/exit of ISAP associates, allegations of false arrests, unlawful detainment and excessive use of force apprehensions and management of the complaints process as per regulations.
- Act as a point of contact for day to day In-store Asset Protection Associate and Store Management inquiries related to shoplifting and professional theft groups
- Support the investigation and escalation of allegations of false arrest, unlawful detention and/or excessive use of force apprehensions to the Store Support Centre
- Support the management of third-party uniformed guard services. This includes validation of hours of service, point of contact for day-to-day inquiries & activities and Provincial regulatory reporting.
- Review and escalate accordingly, any law enforcement requests or court orders for information including CCTV recordings and data
- Design and deliver training sessions to create a strong awareness toward theft deterrent programs, processes and best practices across all functions in the stores including Store Management and Market Leadership.
- Conduct quality reviews of case files, reports and systems
Canada Walmart Division: Retail Store Management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Communication skills including discussing issues with others for the purposes of clarification or explanation.
- Must be able to travel throughout assigned Zone/Market in order to train and support ISLP Management Teams.
- Experience in a supervisory role will be an asset.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Ability to perform these operations using units of Canadian money.
Basic Reading/Writing Skills
Ability to understand to the meaning of written or printed matter and to record information by inscribing characters or symbols.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- The Associate is regularly required to walk or stand.
- The Associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 18kg (40lbs.).
- The Associate will be required to perform tasks involving firm grasping.
- The Associate will occasionally be required to bend, twist or squat.
- The Associate will be involved in frequent repetitive hand actions.
- The Associate will be required to reach above shoulder height and below waist level
Licensing & Other Qualifications
Market 19 includes the following cities: Sault Ste. Marie, Thunder Bay, Dryden, Kapuskasing, Timmins, Thunder Bay, Temiskaming Shores, Sault Ste. Marie, Fort Frances, Kenora
Accessibility: Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.