Store Location: Argentia & Mississauga Rd. (Corporate/Home Office)
Time Type: Full Time
Walmart Canada operates a growing chain of more than 410 stores nationwide serving more than 1.2 million customers each day. Walmart Canada’s flagship online store, www.walmart.ca, is visited by 750,000 customers daily. With more than 85,000 associates, Walmart Canada is one of Canada’s largest employers and is ranked one of the country’s top 10 most influential brands. Walmart Canada’s extensive philanthropy program is focused on supporting Canadian families in need, and since 1994 Walmart has donated and raised more than $300 million to Canadian charities. Additional information can be found at www.walmartcanada.ca, www.facebook.com/walmartcanada and at twitter.com/@walmartcanada
The primary role of the Reporting Analyst is to build dynamic, automated reports and dashboards that drive data driven decisions for Walmart.ca and Walmart Canada as a whole. Possessing a true passion for continuous improvement, this person has a deep understanding of database and reporting platforms. A leader in understanding database elements and how they tie together to create a rich data ecosystem that can help the business make better and faster decisions.
- Leverage existing SQL database sources to build automated daily/weekly Tableau dashboards for stakeholders across the business.
- Update and enhance existing Tableau reports to meet the growing needs of stakeholders.
- Work with Product, IT, and BI teams, to identify, collect, and understand existing data sources to be leveraged for reporting and collaborate to prepare project definition, design and planning
- Develop hypotheses, gather data, brainstorm strategic options and rationalize reporting, data and information across the organization
- Collect, analyze and synthesize complete information from disparate sources into a clear and compelling story
- Build key success metrics to evaluate the impact of various projects, improvements and services that we provide
- Work with the BI team to build ETLs for new data sources to be used in reporting.
- Leverage tools (such as Alteryx) to blend data from a variety of sources and automate manual reporting tasks.
- Utilize SQL and Tableau to perform ad-hoc requests for reporting and data visualization.
- Train other analysts and business owners on Tableau use.
Canada Walmart Division: Corporate
- Expert knowledge of Oracle SQL, strong proficiency with BI tools such as Tableau, expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel (advanced lookups, pivot tables), experience with data blending tools such as Alteryx or KNIME, proficient presenter and communicator. Experience with web analytics tools such as Adobe/Google analytics would be an asset.
- Minimum Education Required: Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum Years of Experience Required: 1 - 2 years