Analyst, Planning - Omni Channel Ops eComm
Store Location: Argentia & Mississauga Rd. (Corporate/Home Office)
Time Type: Full Time
Walmart Canada operates a growing chain of more than 410 stores nationwide serving more than 1.2 million customers each day. Walmart Canada’s flagship online store, www.walmart.ca, is visited by 750,000 customers daily. With more than 85,000 associates, Walmart Canada is one of Canada’s largest employers and is ranked one of the country’s top 10 most influential brands. Walmart Canada’s extensive philanthropy program is focused on supporting Canadian families in need, and since 1994 Walmart has donated and raised more than $300 million to Canadian charities. Additional information can be found at www.walmartcanada.ca, www.facebook.com/walmartcanada and at twitter.com/@walmartcanada
The primary role of the Analyst, Planning is to responsible for assisting in developing the annual operating plans for the Omni-Channel strategic plan for Walmart Canada ensuring stakeholder targets are in line with both corporate financial targets and investment return objectives. This position will collaborate with the Omni-Channel Programme Manager in building report data, identifying key trends, monitoring performance against targets to ensure financial goals are achieved. In addition the role will support all information required for PMO and SB updates as and when required.
- Ability to build and manage various reporting systems including Tableau, Omniture, Quickbase, SQL, Retail Link, PSQ and Terradata.
- Minimize financial risk by developing and communicating to management, updated financial projections for assigned P&L accounts, as well as for specific operating units as required (New , Existing, Pilot Projects) by analyzing historical performance trends, collaborating with key stakeholders. Specifically, reforecasts Sales and Wages on a store by store level on a monthly basis to drive store and company performance towards applicable financial objectives.
- Support the monthly Operations P&L close and reporting process by analyzing and providing variance commentary against control scenarios (Plan, Last Year, Forecast), ensuring accuracy in financials.
- Develops and support the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- Develop, enhance or support implementation of financial processes that improve operational performance and/or creates efficiencies in the business. Assumes lead role in building long-range planning assumptions used in 5 year plan, as well as annual Sales targets used in Annual operating plan.
- Provide communication of financial performance creating and distributing various management reports. Prepare adhoc analytics or provide financial expertise in cross-functional teams that have been assembled to improve financial performance for Walmart Canada.
- Create and analyze all customer data building a complete customer profile including order cycles, lifetime values, website behaviours, slot utilizations and where opportunity to grow exists.
Canada Walmart Division: Corporate
- Minimum Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum Years of Relevant Experience: 3-5 years
Licensing & Other Qualifications
- Excellent Problem Solving, Interpersonal and Communication skills.
- Advanced system knowledge with advanced capabilities in all MS Office suite (Excel, Macros, Powerpoint, Database management software, SQL).Knowledge of Hyperion Essbase and SAP Business Intelligence are assets.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time while prioritizing based on importance / impact to the organization.
- High attention to detail and a strong sense of urgency.