Analyst, Financial Planning
Argentia & Mississauga Rd. (Corporate/Home Office)
Walmart Canada operates a growing chain of more than 410 stores nationwide serving more than 1.2 million customers each day. Walmart Canada’s flagship online store, www.walmart.ca, is visited by 750,000 customers daily. With more than 85,000 associates, Walmart Canada is one of Canada’s largest employers and is ranked one of the country’s top 10 most influential brands. Walmart Canada’s extensive philanthropy program is focused on supporting Canadian families in need, and since 1994 Walmart has donated and raised more than $300 million to Canadian charities. Additional information can be found at www.walmartcanada.ca, www.facebook.com/walmartcanada and at twitter.com/@walmartcanada
To provide Management and Home office teams with financial support in budgeting, analysis, forecasting and various other financial support requirements. This position is responsible for developing the annual financial plans for Walmart Canada based on Corporate financial targets and investment returns objectives. The Analyst is responsible for monitoring performance against targets and recommending corrective actions to ensure financial goals are achieved.
• Develops annual and 3 year corporate plans for assigned expenses by collaborating with stakeholders, managing data modeling for financial plan build, preparing various analysis for management reviews and maintaining and enhancing planning tools and templates to ensure the planning process effectiveness and data accuracy.
• Supports the In-country Corporate, Merchandising, Operations teams as well as the International team (C-Suite, Sr VP's, VP's, Directors) by providing financial analysis, summaries, presentations, reporting, explanations and recommendations to help them make informed operational decisions for the company.
• Minimize financial risk by developing and communicating to management, updated financial projections for assigned P&L accounts, as well as for specific areas of the business as required by analyzing historical performance trends, collaborating with key stakeholders and updating for new known legislative and/or economic impacts.
• Provides financial expertise, recommendations and support to various departments including Home Office, Real Estate, Logistics, Imports etc. throughout the year.
• Supports the monthly, quarterly & annual P&L Close and reporting process by analyzing and providing variance commentary against control scenarios (Plan, Last Year, Forecast), ensuring accuracy in financials.
• Develops, enhances or supports implementation of financial processes that improve operational performance and/or creates efficiencies in the business.
• Provide communication of financial performance creating and distributing various management reports
• Prepare adhoc analytics or provide financial expertise in cross-functional teams that have been assembled to improve financial performance for Walmart Canada.
Canada Walmart Division
• Excellent Problem Solving, Interpersonal and Communication skills.
• Above average computer skills with advanced capabilities in all MS Office suite (Excel, Macros, PowerPoint, Database management software). •Knowledge of Hyperion Essbase and SAP Business Intelligence are assets.
• Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time while prioritizing based on importance / impact to the organization.
• High attention to detail and a strong sense of urgency.
• Ability to negotiate outcomes and influence decisions.
• Bachelors Degree, 1-3 Years Relevant Experience
• CMA, CGA, CA and/or MBA (or progressing towards completion)
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.