Analyst, Financial Planning
Store Location: Argentia & Mississauga Rd. (Corporate/Home Office)
Time Type: Full Time
Walmart Canada operates a growing chain of more than 410 stores nationwide serving more than 1.2 million customers each day. Walmart Canada’s flagship online store, www.walmart.ca, is visited by 750,000 customers daily. With more than 85,000 associates, Walmart Canada is one of Canada’s largest employers and is ranked one of the country’s top 10 most influential brands. Walmart Canada’s extensive philanthropy program is focused on supporting Canadian families in need, and since 1994 Walmart has donated and raised more than $300 million to Canadian charities. Additional information can be found at www.walmartcanada.ca, www.facebook.com/walmartcanada and at twitter.com/@walmartcanada
Support the financial performance and investment return of business unit(s) led by Sr Directors. Provide data and routine financial planning & analysis support to optimize business performance, help identify risks/opportunities and support corrective action to ensure financial goals are met.
- Support the annual budgeting process by building and validating financial data and internal/ external business data to set the business units key financial targets Provide consolidated reporting and analysis to management team to support their review process through the budget cycle..
- Support the monthly forecast process through data consolidation and validation. In addition, develop and maintain management reports and standard FP&A reports to provide consistent, accurate financial view and also track business performance so that management teams take corrective action if financial commitments are off forecast.
- Support the 3 Year Plan process by building and validating financial data and internal/ external business data to set the business units key financial targets Provide consolidated reporting and analysis to management team to support their review process through the 3 Year Plan cycle.
- Create and distribute standard project scorecards and dashboards that provide clear and synthesized understanding of financial performance. Prepare inputs for financials models and also perform adhoc reporting in support of functional and strategic projects.
- Identify opportunities to improve reporting, consolidation, and core processes, and support development of standardized solutions across area of responsibility.
- Gather inputs for business case drivers (aligned with methodology from Property Finance team) for all initiatives that support business area strategies and support management on prioritization of Capex and Opex investment recommendations.
- Support on boarding of new associates in finance and assigned business area.
- Drive associate engagement by valuing associates, listening and responding to concerns and recognizing accomplishments
Canada Walmart Division: Corporate
- University degree in business or related field
- 0-1 years of work experience
- Working towards CPA or accounting designation an asset
Licensing & Other Qualifications
- Strong excel skills and attention to detail
- Basic understanding of core finance concepts – income statement, cash flow, balance sheet
- Ability to collaborate and work as a team member in a matrix environment
- Good communication skills, both written and oral