Walmart’s Developing Accelerated Retail Experience (DARE) Program
The DARE (Developing Accelerated Retail Experience) program was created to invest in you – Canada’s top talent – to show you the ropes and provide a deep understanding of the retail business, as early in your career as possible. We’re offering you real-world learning and experience through exposure across diverse facets of the business while receiving the support & opportunity to get noticed, and make your mark with a global retail giant. It provides new graduates like you a unique development experience that’s designed to let you discover different career paths within the retail environment.
Turn high-potential into high reward.
Our unique program gives you:
- A full-year of foundational business learning
- 6 months in business-critical roles
- Hands-on industry experience
- 1-on-1 Mentorship from business leaders
- Immersion in the world’s largest retail enterprise
- Opportunity to make a real difference
DARE Program Details
Foundational Learning in Store Operations (One year)
You’ll start your Walmart Canada journey by working with front-line leaders in our stores. You will learn about our daily operations and how to problem-solve in a fast-paced environment.
Store Support Centre (SSC) rotations (Six months)
You’ll experience hands-on responsibility and exposure to business critical roles at our Canadian Corporate head office.
You can choose to continue your rotation at the SSC where you can pursue a role in areas such as merchandising, eCommerce or supply chain for 6 months, or lead store operations as an Assistant or Co-Manager at one of our Walmart stores for one year.
When you’ve finished the DARE Program, you will have a deeper understanding of our business rooted in operational experience, have benefited from cross-functional rotations and strong training, while having honed your leadership skills.
You’re on your way to a rewarding career!
- Must be graduating from a undergraduate OR graduate degree program with expected graduation in Dec 2020 - Spring 2021
- Demonstrated leadership through extracurricular activity or volunteer work
- Have passion for the retail industry and a strong interest in merchandising, supply chain/logistics and/or store operations
- Demonstrates a personal drive for excellence
- Lives Walmart Canada’s core values of service to the customer, strive for excellent, respect for the individual and act with integrity.
- Must be customer-centric and a team player
- Has excellent communication skills
- Thrives in a fast-changing, ever-evolving environment
- Must be eligible to legally work in Canada
Attend one of our virtual information sessions at the beginning of September 2020 to learn more about the program and how to apply. Please visit careers.walmart.ca/campus for the actual dates and for more details.
Our candidates have already made such an impact that DARE is getting attention. DARE won Best Grad Program at the TalentEgg National Campus Recruitment Excellence Awards in 2018 and 2019.