You are a safety conscious driver with patience and care for your passengers.
You have a passion for community and would love to assist families and seniors.
Wabano is seeking positive, community-minded team members who are energized by challenge and motivated to serve our community.
The Wabano Centre for Aboriginal Health is an award-winning Health Access Centre that provides holistic health services to First Nation, Inuit and Métis people living in Ottawa - one of the fastest growing and diverse urban Indigenous communities in Canada. Wabano is a fast-paced, client-oriented organization that models the Indigenous values of balance, respect and community interdependence. Wabano is proud to be accredited through the Canadian Centre for Accreditation, a third-party review based on accepted organizational practices that promote ongoing quality improvement and responsive, effective community services.
Purpose of Position
The driver supports programs and services provided by Wabano by providing transportation for clients.
Some of the responsibilities of this position are:
- Provide transportation to and from client’s residences so that they may attend programming or services at Wabano and/or medical appointments within the city;
- Provide transportation to and from grocery stores, pharmacies; conducting pick-ups of necessities and medications as directed;
- Provide transportation of program participants and staff to and from events;
- Provide transportation for workers conducting outreach to clients;
- Assist clients with reduced mobility in/out of the vehicle;
- Assist clients with reduced mobility up/down stairs, using elevator, etc.
- A valid driver’s license and clear driver’s abstract;
- 5 years of experience as a driver;
- Patient, flexible and positive person who thrives in a changing environment;
- Proven reliability in past work;
- Proficiency with computers;
- Ability to work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends;
- Clear criminal reference check to work with vulnerable population is required.
First Nations, Inuit or Métis candidates will be given priority, please self-identify.
To pursue this opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This opportunity will remain open until filled. Tell us your story early!
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Wabano is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity or interviewing, please advise if you require accommodation.