Founded in 1988, VPI Inc. has provided working solutions to individuals and organizations for 30 years. We are based in Mississauga and have 17 branch locations across Southern Ontario.
We provide employment programs, assessments and supportive vocational services that help residents of Ontario improve job readiness, explore training and get back to work. As a service provider for the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development (MAESD) we facilitate several Employment Ontario programs to help job seekers find work and training opportunities. We also work directly with employers who are looking to hire. These free programs and services are provided at no cost to job seekers or employers.
What We Are Looking for:
Full Time Branch Manager in our Ajax branch
The Branch Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Branch and for ensuring key performance indicators, as set out both internally by the organization and by our government funder, are being met. The successful candidate will be an effective leader with strong administrative skills, experience meeting targets, highly organized and the ability to motivate a team.
To be successful in this role, you will be comfortable with automation, ever improving processes and efficiencies. You possess integrity, a strong work ethic and a passion for helping others. You are a highly motivated, results-driven and experienced manager. Experience within the Employment Services industry would be a definite asset, but strong management experience ensuring teams meet their targets within other industries, will also be considered.
Key Job Functions
- Responsible for ensuring that Branch staff consistently meet their monthly service targets
- Ensuring that the program is delivered according to established standards of quality and within budgetary allocations.
- Plays a collaborative role in the hiring process and ensures that employees are suitably trained and supervised
- Overseeing and auditing of employee work with respect to record-keeping and accuracy of client files and documentation
- Tracking, measuring and reporting on program outcomes on a monthly basis; identifying problem areas and recommending remedial action.
- Following disciplinary process when necessary in accordance with Company policies and procedures
- Maintaining and promoting corporate presence among community partners and attend Community meetings as a representative of VPI.
- Keeping abreast of prevailing issues and potential business opportunities and for reporting possible opportunities to management
- Maintaining health and safety practices within the Branch in accordance with VPI Health and Safety Policies.
- Managing the financial and budgetary requirements of the program in accordance with prescribed policies and guidelines
- Completes the annual VPI marketing strategy, plan and budget for the Branch.
- Promotes and instills VPI core values
The successful candidate must posses the following
- Post secondary education in a related discipline
- Minimum 3 years’ management experience
- Experience in the Employment Services industry a definite asset, but not mandatory
- Excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven leadership skills and problem solving ability
- Have working knowledge of the EOIS and CAMS system
- Maintain complete, updated hard and soft copy files and produce statistical documentation
- Be detailed-oriented, accurate and organized
- Can work within tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Must have a valid driver’s license and automobile insurance
Interested candidates are encouraged to send their resumes via the attached link:
We are committed to employing a diverse workforce and encourage all qualified individuals to apply. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
VPI is committed to accessibility for all Ontarians. Please advise us if you have any accommodation requirements during the recruitment process.