Research Analyst (6-month Term; Remote)
Constellation Software (ticker: CSU.TO) is one of the most prolific and successful acquirers in the software industry (Forbes Most Innovative Companies in 2017 and Corum Group’s Top Acquirer). Our portfolio of over 500 companies delivers mission-critical solutions to customers in over 150 countries worldwide.
Volaris is an operating group of Constellation Software. At Volaris, our business is acquiring, strengthening, and growing vertical market technology companies. Because of our unique ownership structure and culture, when we acquire a company, we hold on to that business for life. As a testament to our commitment, we have never sold a core part of any acquired business in our 20+ year history.
You will have a critical role in our M&A Team, the position objective is to grow our prospect database.
Key responsibilities include:
- Conducting industry research to support business development activities
- Identifying and qualifying prospects that fit our investment profile
- Identifying relevant research organizations, advisory groups, and trade conferences
- Supporting the M&A team on other business development related projects
- Updating the Volaris database with the latest market data
- Other special projects as required
- Undergraduate Business, Finance, Economics or related degree (HBA, BBA, BComm, etc.)
- Industry-related experience or familiarity (software, M&A, PE, VC, etc.) considered an asset
- Proven analytical and research skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Powerpoint
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated individual with an ability to perform independently in a fast-pace environment
- Excellent attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines
- High degree of professionalism and integrity
- Ability to work variable hours and remotely
- Multilingualism considered an asset
Excited to grow your career?
We value our talented employees, and whenever possible strive to help one of our associates grow professionally before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply!