Be a part of a dynamic, newly integrated organization, committed to its new vision: Empowering Independence, Health and Well-being Together Vibrant Healthcare Alliance is a multi-service organization operating at four (4) locations across the Greater Toronto Area, providing services to people and communities with a range of ages, health status, physical abilities and complex needs. Vibrant Healthcare Alliance service users identify as vulnerable, living with a variety of complex issues including physical disabilities, socially isolated, members of racialized communities and complex older adults. We are currently seeking a Program Coordinator to work (1.0 FTE); 3 year Contract.
Contract Period: December 17th 2018 to December 17th 2021
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Program Coordinator will:
- Supports the overall planning, coordination, implementation and administration of Boccia Ball and other related physical activity programs at a variety of locations.
- Helps build positive relations between Vibrant Healthcare Alliance and external parties.
- Ensures that all program staff and volunteers maintain a safe and secured environment at all times.
- Conducts program and site visits, ensures that the program locations, equipment and supplies meet health and safety standards.
- Interacts with participants, spectators and other community members to provide program information, fostering partnerships
- Maximizes public understanding and increases awareness of the benefits of recreational sport and physical activity for all abilities in the community
- Support the development and implementation of policies and procedures that support the delivery of physical activity programs
- Designs, develops and delivers promotional materials and organized engagement events
- Recruits and trains Boccia volunteers and coaches.
- Providing ongoing support to ensure retention of program participants and volunteers.
- Prepares and submits reports, which includes evaluation, statistics and recommendations
- Address or direct all emergencies and or complains with Vibrant Healthcare Alliance policies.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Develops a plan to establish other sports and physical activities suitable for individuals with physical disabilities
- Collaboration with partner agencies to continue meeting the needs of program participant after program reaches its end date.
- Develops targeted and specialized Community Engagement outreach to address isolation among individuals with physical disabilities
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Post-secondary education in Recreation or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience
- Commitment to and knowledge of community-based health care
- Coaches certifications by The National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) an asset.
- Formal training and skills related to specific area of Boccia Ball would be an asset.
- Proficiency in report writing, budget management, time management and defining goals
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years in recreational experience required, preferably within a community based setting.
- Strong communication, problem solving and team building skills.
- Ability to work within diversity and multi-disciplinary teams and to work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to interact effectively with clients from diverse practice population, age and physical ability, as well as with colleagues
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in use of current office technology and other computer applications relevant to the position.
- Valid driver’s license and access to personal vehicle
- Must produce original current Standard First Aid or willingness to obtain certification, within one month of selection
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Vibrant Healthcare Alliance offer a competitive salary. The Program Coordinator for the Boccia Club program will be working closely with the health promotion team. If you are interested in working in a dynamic community based primary health care environment dedicated to support the health, independence, quality of life and well-being of people with physical disabilities, youth, and seniors, please apply.
How to Apply:
To apply, please submit a cover letter and Resume by Friday December 14th 2018 by 5:00 PM to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Boccia Program Coordination” in the subject line. A detailed job description is available on request.
Vibrant Healthcare Alliance is an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation to participate in the hiring process, please contact email@example.com we sincerely thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or emails please.